Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slowfire, .45 Gold Cup, Black Talon 230 gr loads, after not touching a gun in 7 years, after only dryfiring for 2 days, and 50 rds of 22's in 12 yrs (while on escape) Also, ccw'd Firestar 9mm, 5 yd El Presidente, FIRST try, sub 8 seconds, all hits in the C zone, over half in the A zone. So much for shooting skills being so "perishable" garnad can't turn in that "good" an El pres, no matter HOW much he practices. :) He just aint got what it takes to practice that intelligently and diligently.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wandering around in a drug induced haze does not constitute an "Escape". There is no record of your being on "escape" status. There is a record of mental imbalance.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Terry G said:
Wandering around in a drug induced haze does not constitute an "Escape". There is no record of your being on "escape" status. There is a record of mental imbalance.
Any way to get a copy of that through the FOI?

RIKA

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
erika/gunkid, have you ever shot with me? No! Have your ever showed up for a challenge? No! Do you call every one else a liar? Yes! Have you ever been caught in a lie? Yes! Are you mentally unbalanced? Yes, mental health professionals have proved that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Back to the topic. Shooting skills are perishable. That's pretty much conventional wisdom. The degee to which they perish over time varies according to the individual.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is what constitutes REALISTIC skills. Inside 10 ft, the range at which 90+% of justified civilian shooting occurs, VERY little of it perishes.Most guys just never HAD much, that's all. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Robbie Leatham NEVER AGAIN touched a 1911, for 20 years, then you let him"just" dryfire a 1911 and gunhandle for an hour, you REALLY think he couldn't beat some slowfire plinker for a ccw draw and hit, and repeat hits, at 10 ft and less? Especially some lame with an alloy framed 357 snub? :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
andy:

I said the degree to which the skills perish depend on the individual. Could a GM stop shooting for years, pick a gun up and smoke the casual plinker? Of course he could. Could a GM, retire for 20 years, pick up his limited gun, dry fire for a couple of days and be competitive at the USPSA Nationals? Of course not.

If shooting skills aren't perishable why did you post in your leather slapping thread that you could currently do my BS drill in 1.20 and back in the day you could do it in 1.10? Where did the .10 seconds go? You can't have it both ways.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Yes things do change erika/gunkid. What has happened to your body in 30 years, like most of us, you have gained weight, you now wear glasses, you have injured your back. There is nothing wrong saying that you can't achieve the same thing you could 3 decades ago. As we grow older, we change our styles, thought processes, our body shape. Geez when I joined the Army I was 137 lbs, not now. While we have lost some skills we have gained others. What happened 30 years ago, if in fact you actually did do it, is something to be proud of in your past. But this is not the past!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Raider said:
Any way to get a copy of that through the FOI?

RIKA
Sure you can, it's a matter of public record. But really, why bother? Without breaking any rules, I've told you what John's all about. He has not tried to refute one statement about his past because he can't.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Apparently accuracy isn't that important either;

Gilly

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:25 pm Post subject: U can win any IPSC match with a gun that groups 8"@ 50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for the "need" to accurize a combat gun. In fact,since 2/3rds of the National Match Bullseye course is shot at 25 yds, you can do very well indeed with a gun that only groups 8" at 50 yds. The 8 ring is 8" wide, and if you keep all your shots in the 8 ring, many of them will be 10's, and quite a few will be 9's. If you clean the rapidfire and timed fire stages, and average 90 points in the slowfire stage, you will be a force to be reckoned with, at any bullseye match. Many an out of the box 1911 will group 6" at 50 yds, and nearly all of the collet bushing models will group 4" at 50 yds, for 5 shots, with match swc ammo. That's the truth of the matter. Many a "hard-fit" 1911 match gun is less reliable than the collet bushing models are, too.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"Wandering around in a drug induced haze does not constitute an "Escape". There is no record of your being on "escape" status. There is a record of mental imbalance"

I am vot surprised. Many of his posts snow typical signs of mental imbalance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts