Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it's just a stupid waste of carry capacity. I'd much rather have another 3 lbs of USEFUL gear, or even just water. I'd greatly prefer, however, to just be that much more able to MOVE, by having 3 lbs less in the kit. Stupidity like this is almost always carried over into other gear, so the diff in gear wt is more like 20 lbs, too. NOBODY is 40% better able to run and fight than any decently fit man is. They are lucky to be 10% fitter, actually. The law of diminishing returns sees to that. A 70 lb load is many times more likely to cause an injury, illness or mistake than is a 50 lb load. Many guys are 210 lbs, when they should be 160 lbs, by their height and build. They are ALREADY carrying around 50 lbs of blubber.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Sounds like you need to do more pushups and maybe lift a few weights.

NEVER skimp on the bang.

BTW, in my gunbelt and LBV combined I don't carry 6 spare 8rnd M1911 mags, I carry 8 spares: 2 on the holster, 2 on the belt, and 4 on the vest.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Weight is only a consideration if you choose to do something stupid like hump a ruck right off the bat. Excess gear can be cached in stages if you have even cared to plan in detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts