Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Detonics length chop job on Colt .22 unit) Sounds like a lot of money, and I wouldn't bother if I couldn't do the work myself, but since it saves 10c a shot over 9mm ammo, and 20c a shot over .45 ammo, and since can always sell it for $600, even to a DEALER, it pays for itself with the first 2000-4000 rds, which is just a few MONTHS of training. It jumps around every bit as much as does a full size and wt 9mm, or a 1911 with the typical wussy loads many use to practice with.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I will agree that the 22 unit is good for practice. Disagree that you will be able to sell the 'chopped to Detonics length slide/barrel to a dealer for $600. Detonics is a defunct gun and there will be maybe one 1911 style handgun with its frame chopped to Detonics length - yours. A better solution would be to buy a Commander sized 22 unit for the Commander you say you already have. Easier and cheaper too.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Sounds like a very interesting shotgun...

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah man, I love those Detonics-length chopped down scatterguns with their own "units".

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Interesting, useless, theory of a handgun on a shotgun Forum. Is he getting worse?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Time, space, reading comprehension, manners, posting in the correct forum - all are abstract, meaningless concepts to a genius like Andy.

He's just like an idiot savant.

You know, those guys that are complete geniuses at something. They far exceed most people's capabilities in one way or another.

That fits Andy to a 'T', except for the savant part.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just too bad that you pussies can't figure out how to shorten a 22 unit, that's all. My friend laughs at you wasting all that time and money, with every 2c shot that he fires. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
just too bad that you pussies can't figure out how to shorten a 22 unit, that's all. My friend laughs at you wasting all that time and money, with every 2c shot that he fires
If you're implying that your so called friend is using a modified 22 unit in a shotgun please let us know exactly what benefit he's getting from sending a 22 caliber bullet down a bore that is at least .410.

Or will you claim that he's but a 22 caliber barrel liner in? Tell us how in the hell that would be practical for anything.

A shame for your friend that he doesn't earn enough money to pay for ammuntion and he must take the cheap way out. I have a real job and can afford all of the ammunition I need.

If your friend gets hard up for money I suggest buying a bb gun and reusing the BBs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
.22 UNIT FOR SHOITGUN

Recently had training on improvised weapons. One example that we were shown was a .22 unit that fit a 12 GA shotgun with an internal suppressor. Real nice although highly unlawful. Entire unit was hand built, too bad owner went to jail.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kind of silly to lug around a shotgun, just to have a concealed single shot .22. I've concealed a can inside of the barrel-configuration of a 1022, hiding the can-barrel joint under the barrel band, and putting a hunk of .25 caliber barrel in the front of the tube. That was a real bite to get lined-up with the bore, so I'd now use a .264 barrel chunk, about .5" long. That will suffice to hide the baffling from a casual look into the muzzle.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
A persons geographical enviornment, experience and knowledge should guide your choices, NOT the ramblings of a WANNABE, who is jealous of his betters!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
he is not an savant. Jus tan idiot. All is rap int eh shotgun forun. Nex twe will se ethe same in a knife forum. Oh wait he got booted several times from that one.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hasher said:
he is not an savant. Jus tan idiot. All is rap int eh shotgun forun. Nex twe will se ethe same in a knife forum. Oh wait he got booted several times from that one.
That's what I said, he's just like an idiot savant, except for the savant part.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have to point out, andy mentioned his supressor being unnoticable to "a casual glance down the muzzle." anyone else see anything wrong with this statement?

·
Registered
54 Posts
SUPPRESSED 10-22

If you miss a suppressor on the front of a 10-22 it is because; A. you don't know what a silencer is, or, B. you are whacked out of your mind on LSD and think the 10-22 is a lamp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts