Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
600 ft, 308 takes 1/4 second to cover

if a guy's running 30 fps, you need 7 ft of lead, for a guy crossing your front. if he's running 20 fps, you need 5 ft of lead. how to tell which it is? if he's charging at a 30 degree angle to you, you need 1/3rd as much lead, but still enough difference to miss him, since you have to be swinging the muzzle a bit and there's no nice bullseye on him. no way to see, as things flow, if he changes speed, or changes angle, barely time to see that he's changed directions, and get swinging the other way, before he's changed directions AGAIN. :) at a mere 200 effing meters. in daylight, with no wind or mirage. yet guys claim to be "effective" at much greater distances. Fact is, they are fos. they need ideal conditions, or they miss a lot. A LOT and when it's shtf, you'll be alone, jack. You haven't even got anyone who'll speak up for you in federal court, on an IRS case, much less anyone who's going into battle with you. Nobodys got any balls anymore. Look at all the pusses here who claim I should just give up my gun rights (because THEY would!)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Who are you trying to shoot, Usain Bolt?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
A full value sport runner in no gear at a typical racing speed is 4.5 feet for a 5.56. A 6 min mile full value is less than a yard. You're getting the projectile there sub quarter second.

No one can sustain that for long in field conditions, and most can't get there at all.

They teach to run at full value opposed to the antagonist usually, because all zig zagging and turning does is fraction that value.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't matter if it's half that speed, you'll still miss him cause you can't gauge that speed accurately enough, and then he changes direction on you before you can input your "values". :) The fact that you're arguing this means you've never tried it. Put a guy downrange, behind something solid or in a pit, and have him use a remote on a big toy truck, on which you've mounted a realistist torso. Leg and arm hits are pure luck, so make it 12"x24" and have him move the truck as much as he can, while you shoot at it. What happens, as guys move in from 1/4 mile, is you run out of ammo, get fatiqued, start flinching, etc. :) your buddies brains are dripping off of your face, and things dont go as they do in your little fantasy.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Who said anything about inputting? You trap not index.

I literally posted pictures of me doing this in 2006, at 300 yards.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
with you. Nobodys got any balls anymore. Look at all the pusses here who claim I should just give up my gun rights (because THEY would!)
You don't have any "Gun Rights" to give up. You have multiple felonies; you will never own a legal firearm again. Face it.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Melvin probably shoots every weekend with "wifey", he's too stupid not to get caught eventually. Will "wifey" stay when he's back in the can?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
doesn't matter if it's half that speed, you'll still miss him cause you can't gauge that speed accurately enough, and then he changes direction on you before you can input your "values". :) The fact that you're arguing this means you've never tried it. Put a guy downrange, behind something solid or in a pit, and have him use a remote on a big toy truck, on which you've mounted a realistist torso. Leg and arm hits are pure luck, so make it 12"x24" and have him move the truck as much as he can, while you shoot at it. What happens, as guys move in from 1/4 mile, is you run out of ammo, get fatiqued, start flinching, etc. :) your buddies brains are dripping off of your face, and things dont go as they do in your little fantasy.
as someone who shoots javelina on the run, at varying distances, I can tell you don’t have any practical experience to draw on. Without going into too much detail, swing and follow thru are what work. Especially if they’re less than 300 yards away. You don’t need to calculate anything.

they dodge and weave and change direction a hell of a lot more than a human can.

what will happens is, you will be killed from a lot further away than you think is possible, because you don’t have the knowledge or the experience to understand the reality.

you also are a complete moron with what you imagine combat is. you need to shut up about things you are 100% ignorant about.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I.think whatever mental condition he has affecting his noise and recoil sensitivity also makes it hard for him to track moving targets.

I've never hardly ever hunted with a shotgun. Yet from youth on up never had trouble killing Squirrel or opossum and I'll add various yard varmints on the run.

I've also data on leads to use on "Ducks" to use my favorite Mccarthyism.😁

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
He is hung up on what he reads, the technical data, not the practical application of it. He thinks that you lead by picking a point x feet in front of your target and fire from a stationary position. That’s a good way to miss, lot. Yes, it is-possible to do it that way, but in reality, you swing with the movement of the target and continue the swing through the shot. There is a little lead or trail, in some situations, but the ranges he talks about aren’t difficult. He has no practical experience to draw on, just what he thinks an imagines.

follow through is one of the difficult things to teach a new shooter, they always want to see where the bullet went when they pull the trigger. This means as soon as they pull the trigger, they stop.

Boati needs to think less and do more. I realize he is handicapped because of the legal aspects, but he might actually learn a thing or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts