Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and 20 miles a day on mostly flatlands. She didn't bother to carry much stuff, cause people will always help an old woman.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ce-to-walk-the-appalachian-trail-alone-at-67/

Back in 2001, I hiked from Litchfield ILl to Gillespie, with 40 lbs. It's 10 miles. and back. I dont recall how long it took, but it was all day. On the way back, it rained and 9 people asked me if I needed a ride, as well as two state cops. One wanted to see what was in my pack. asked what I was gonna do when I got to to Giliepie, and when I said "walk back". he looked like he wanted to check for fugitives from nuthouses. It had taken me 2 months+ to get that fit, and it's going to take a lot longer, this time, if I ever get there. I can get to where I could do it with 20 lbs or so, I'm confident of that much, but 40 lbs is getting to be a real load for me to lug very far. Not being able to get to the gym for 7 weeks has really hurt my fitness and strength.

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
so what? there's no other activity here.

It shows a lack of comprehension and a lack of focus. Posting in the correct forums also helps people take you seriously.

posting in the wrong forums and in a non-sequitur manner makes you look foolish and not to be taken seriously, if not just ignored.

how can anyone give credence to your posts, if you can't even stay on topic?

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Melvin, we all did stuff 20, 30, 40 years ago. The question that you need to focus on is what have you done recently? Consider that the reason that some of us haven't been here recently, is because we have been on the range!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.