Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
At the current increase of all prices, I'll keep spending my discretionary cash on food and attending matches which gives me an excuse to hit the range more often. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Gold is valued at $1713 today and that link has none below $1824. Serious question - what would be the gain in buying it at more than a hundred dollars above current market value? If you believed that it will shoot way up beyond the premium paid, it could be worth a gamble. But it's right at exactly where it was ten years ago; between 1600 and 1700:

Gold, previous ten years, from Kitco.com:
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Pretty much unchanged. $10k invested there in 2012 would mean you'd have roughly $10k today. Simply put, you've literally LOST worth/value because it hasn't even kept up with inflation.

S&P, previous ten years, from Macrotrends.net:
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Gone from $1437 to $4030. $10k invested there in 2012 would mean you'd have over $28k today. (And that INCLUDES the pandemic-related plunge.) Why is this topic so emotion-based for you that you won't look at actual historically-documented reality?

As Dorobuta pointed out months ago, if the people trying to sell you gold really believed that gold would be skyrocketing and dollars would really be worthless, they would NOT be willing to trade their gold for your dollars, would they? But they're not only willing, they're spending marketing dollars trying to talk you into it. Think about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts