Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing, for the lames who can't hike anyway.

$150 sks, $150 used Marlin Papoose, make a telescoping stock for it. , both canned, sks with folding stock. Used HP22, with spare barrel, $150, and a BM Star 9mm, under $200. Hp .22 serves both pocket needs and shtf canned needs. Put the right load in the Star, and it's FAR more effective than .45 ball from a 1911.

Since you are all SO capable of lugging around 70 lbs of gear, the extra 10 lbs of this set upover the wt of the CAR,M21, and chopped Star (or 356 Kahr PM9 ) wont matter, and you save a lot of money (until you get-into paying for 2 sets of night sights for the rifles, 2 cans, 2 trigger jobs, 2 scopes and mounts. But then a bunch of lames aint going to be that capable of NOTICING the diff in performance, anyway.

BM is $400 less than the Kahr PM, sks is $400 less than the CAR. HP22 is probably $700 less than a similarly set-up M21. Papoose doesn't handle like sks, but like I said, you aint into performance anyway. of course, 2 scope set ups run $200, 2 trigger jobs run at least $150, 2 custom night sight installations run $450+, and 2 cans run $800 or so, since the SKS aint got a threaded muzzle. Then there's TWO x the $200 fee to the batfags. Gee, even this "low $ setup" aint cheaper than the CAR and .22 unit, once you're really ready. Gee, .30 ak aint the GI rd, nor can you use GI parts or mags. Gee, 30 ak ammo costs 5c a shot more than .22, and you are wearing out your centerfire parts and can, because the Papoose doesn't handle like your sks. :)

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
The prices that you specify might reflect those in your area but certainly not mine! The guns that you specify might suit your requirements for your geographical location, but not mine! Your dependence on a crutch such as a suppressor is your problem, not mine! If the balloon ever goes up, flxibility and versatility will keep you alive. Dependence on a certain "crutch" can lead to your death.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts