Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
regardless of how many are sold. Look at how popular the .25 ACP is. Popularity means nothing about the objective worth of a caliber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Phoenix has sold MILLIONS of .25 Ravens, and they sell many hundreds of thousands every year, and will continue to do so. It's at LEAST as popular as is the Glock. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.25's are like .32's. Nobody SHOOTS them enough to see if they're reliable, much less DURABLE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
how would you know butt pirate. YOu are not legally allowed to touvh agun. You PO know about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
how would you know butt pirate. YOu are not legally allowed to touvh agun. You PO know about this?
NUTTY JOHN was having a fine three post conversation with himself, and you had to ruin it. NUTTY JOHN didn't say that his conversation partner was fos, or a pos once. Shame on you Hasher ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
andy said:
regardless of how many are sold. Look at how popular the .25 ACP is. Popularity means nothing about the objective worth of a caliber.
Well NUTTY JOHN, stupid is, as stupid does. You should know that without having to be told. And, DAYAM NUTTY JOHN, you're sure stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,279 Posts
Lets count the 356 TSW and 460 Rowland in with the stupid calibers. They are obsolete. Nobody shoots them except stupid people .. like gunkid.

RIKA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
I could agree with that statement from a survivalist standpoint.

A gunsafe full of specialty hunting rifles doesn't do any more to help preparedness than trying to use glorified trash bags for sleeping gear or a barbers tool for proccessing game.

Teuf,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
look u dumbass, just because YOU are ignorant about an SOG Multitool's utility blade and the SKatchet has such a problem. Once you have to dive into a creek to escape being shot(in cold weather) and soak that stupid assed regular sleeping bag, I will be the one who's laughing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
A caliber is not a sentient being, therefore cannot be "stupid" (or intelligent, for that matter). Choices of cartridge can be stupid.

Actually, his half-formed idea is probably correct (I don't know about the 90% part though). There are a bunch of cartridges out there that fill no particular niche or perform so poorly that a feller would be better off without it. Most of those soon fade into oblivion, but a few, like the .25ACP, survive.

DC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Dive in a crreek? YOu will not even go in the wood. YOu might get hurt. TEll ya what Cum Dumpster. Lets take a 3 dy survival hike in the woods. Nothing but our Bug OUt BAgs. YOu have yoru shelter and fire and such and I will have mine. The 3rd party witnesses can have theirs. I predict you will give up in about 9 hours. O lets make it a winter trip just for grins. YOu don't even have to leave the state. We can do it righthere in Colorado. Heck we could do it over near Durango so you can combine it with a trip to visit Mike Fisher. YOur parole officer. Nice guy to talk to on the phobe BTW. HE is concerned about your internet postings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Yea sure woods clutzt, when the final count was done we put 16 head of big game in the freezer this year. How bought you?

What the hell does a guy who reccomends sending his game to a packer know anyway? Must be pretty tough to be a subsistance hunting expert when you have to send the game out to be cut and wrapped LOL

What that tells me is that he doesn't know dick about subsisteance living and is simply too lazy to learn.

Brings up another intresting question. How does one consider himself a "Master Survivalist" if he can't even butcher his own animals?

Teuf,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,950 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
andy said:
look u dumbass, just because YOU are ignorant about an SOG Multitool's utility blade and the SKatchet has such a problem. Once you have to dive into a creek to escape being shot(in cold weather) and soak that stupid assed regular sleeping bag, I will be the one who's laughing.
Just shows how little you know about a good sleeping bag.

Look at a wiggys or a merlin.

You are totally clueless. I actually put my merlin in a swimming pool for 10 minutes. Took it out, wrung it out by hand and it was still capable of keeping me warm. It also didn't even weigh 5lbs soaking wet.

You just look silly when you make an ignorant post like this.

:devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
I've given this some thought.I just wrote out a list of current,popular(at least not esoteric) handgun calibers.From .22 to 500 S&W.I came up w/about 36 calibers.Putting a gimlet eye to my list I can see having three handguns to cover all but five or six.Two of the three would need a little custom machining but all three should be reliable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
Hasher said:
Dive in a crreek? YOu will not even go in the wood. YOu might get hurt. TEll ya what Cum Dumpster. Lets take a 3 dy survival hike in the woods. Nothing but our Bug OUt BAgs. YOu have yoru shelter and fire and such and I will have mine. The 3rd party witnesses can have theirs. I predict you will give up in about 9 hours. O lets make it a winter trip just for grins. YOu don't even have to leave the state. We can do it righthere in Colorado. Heck we could do it over near Durango so you can combine it with a trip to visit Mike Fisher. YOur parole officer. Nice guy to talk to on the phobe BTW. HE is concerned about your internet postings.
Are you going to do this before or after his hike with Teuf?

Just wondering.

:devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
Teufelhund said:
Yea sure woods clutzt, when the final count was done we put 16 head of big game in the freezer this year. How bought you?
Teuf,
Must be nice to live in a state that doesn't limit you to a single animal...

Oh well, at least there's Archery Javelina next month...


And before Dumbass opens his mouth - I only hunt legally, no poaching.

:devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,969 Posts
I'd like to get in on this survival meet! I promised to bring the pack that I have packed AT THIS MOMENT! Come on gunkid, drag out your Barney backpack. Gunkid, if you need some suggestions of kit to bring, I'll post my kit list again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
andy said:
look u dumbass, just because YOU are ignorant about an SOG Multitool's utility blade and the SKatchet has such a problem. Once you have to dive into a creek to escape being shot(in cold weather) and soak that stupid assed regular sleeping bag, I will be the one who's laughing.
Ever heard of a 'waterproof' stuffsack? You don't think a person just ties a plain, exposed sleeping bag to the outside of their pack, do you?

Most modern packs are internal frames where the sleeping bag resides in it's own internal compartment designed to keep water out. So, unless you're going scuba diving with your camping gear, the sleeping bag should be OK.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top