Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
from about 50m. as he fired, it stepped and thus got a gut hit. It ran off jumped a fence. Some of its protruding intestines got caught on the fence and the animal gutted itself as it ran another 50 ft. The .72" bore diameter of the 12 ga slug has almost 3x the frontal area of a .4570, yet the animal not only could run, it could jump a fence. Without the guts being caught on the fence, it woul have run much further and in thick brush, especially in the evening, it would probably have had coyote piss all over it. like garand on prom night. Unless it's a .50 BMG softpoint, big bore means nothing except the lack of rapid fire, lack of range, vulnerability to the wind and animal movement and ridiculously overpriced guns, ammo and reloading components. At least the shotgun is useful for other things. The big bore rifle is not.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Sorry Melvin, never had a chance to go to prom night, I had been in the Army almost 3 months by then. I joined just before my last day of school, and was in basic training a couple of days afterwards. Melvin, a tool is only as good as its owner, seeing that you despise initiative and flexibility in your thinking, I am not surprised that you find most serviceable firearms useless due to the fact your knowledge of how to employ them is minimal. Nice to see that you found a use for the shotgun after all these years.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
from about 50m. as he fired, it stepped and thus got a gut hit. It ran off jumped a fence. Some of its protruding intestines got caught on the fence and the animal gutted itself as it ran another 50 ft. The .72" bore diameter of the 12 ga slug has almost 3x the frontal area of a .4570, yet the animal not only could run, it could jump a fence. Without the guts being caught on the fence, it woul have run much further and in thick brush, especially in the evening, it would probably have had coyote piss all over it. like garand on prom night. Unless it's a .50 BMG softpoint, big bore means nothing except the lack of rapid fire, lack of range, vulnerability to the wind and animal movement and ridiculously overpriced guns, ammo and reloading components. At least the shotgun is useful for other things. The big bore rifle is not.
Bad shots are bad shots.
Ethical hunters try to avoid them, but they do happen. I don’t know your buddy, and this may be the case, or he could have a severe flinching problem like someone else we know.

From your description, it sounds like it could also be a problem with follow through when shooting a moving target. We will never know.

Big bore rifles are very effective. Your bull about needing a 50 cal is hilarious.

I notice you abandoned the thread showing you were 100% wrong about long range shooting, and even a 12 year old can do the stuff you claim is impossible.

We do know you clearly lack the abilities of 1 in 100 men....:nyah:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts