Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,884 Posts
What do the knowledgable people here think about a horse-burro team? Ride the horse and let the burro carry the kit?

I've always loved riding horses, I just can't afford one right now.

· Registered
5,884 Posts
84 C4 said:
There are usually places that'll let you ride their horses for lessons or trail rides. Were do you live? I might be able to locate a few stables for ya'.:cool:
Yeah, that's what I do. But I'd rather have my own. Kinda like going over a friend's house to pet their dog vs having your own. I, unlike some here, like animals and would like to have a horse all my own to train and get it used to me. You just don't get that horse/rider connection on a rental.

The question about the buirros, was because I'd been told they tend to make better pack animals than horses, and horses better riding animals, the burros being tougher and all. But having never dealt with them, I don't know.

· Registered
5,884 Posts
Garand said:
The reason that gunkid might not be able to control mules, could be because the mules have more common sense than gunkid has. Has that possibility been considered? This is horse country here, if you can't get through with a 4x4, you will be able to with a horse. A good horse can carry supplies for you that will last you weeks or more, far more than you can hump on your back.
Or maybe the uber-ninja just got his as-s kicked (pun intended) by them a few times?

Another thing is, if you only have one horse (or burro), nothing says you have to ride it, you could guide it by the reigns while it packs the gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.