Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering today, would a horse be a good, or bad idea for back country transportation? Assuming, of course, that you already know how to handle a horse.

A horse could move you faster ... the horse can carry more gear and supplies.

If you run out of food, you could always eat the horse.

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: that's right The risk of being shot FOR

223 fan said:
your horse is worse than being afoot. That horse will be life saving meat for dozens of people, and they are noisy, hard to conceal, get hurt, sick, HAVE to be fed,watered. They want to roll, run off, bite, kick rub you off on a tree, etc. if shtf,WHERE you going in such a big hurry, anyway? The livestock and game will all be gone within a month, so what will you be "hauling" other than your lazy butt, hmm?
Melvin:
Your posts are so illiterate, that it is hard to understand what you meaning is.

Instead of being so cantankerous, why not act like other people.

Why always be so surley and disrespectful? It is no wonder that you don't have any friends.

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.45 COLT said:
If I needed mobility, a horse would be right handy, although I would prefer a mule. If the day of doom does finally hit, I'm in a pretty good location where I am, and would probably stay put. I just bought a mule, not to prepare for anything in particular, but because I like mules. Brings back childhood memories, I reckon.

DC
I is surprising to me that so many people that I talk to, say the same things about mules.

Our family always had horses, so I don't have any experience with mules.

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
that's right The risk of being shot FOR

84 C4 said:
Have you ever even SEEN a horse in your life? Horses aren't noisy, most injuries they receive aren't major (unless it breaks its leg, and only if it's in a certain part of the leg), they eat grass, and can drink from streams. Horses don't roll around with a rider on their back, if they run off, they're easy to find, they don't bite unless you stick your hand in their mouth, they don't kick unless you do something stupid ;) , and it's VERY difficult for even an "intelligent" horse to rub off even the most incompetent of riders.
Good post 84 C4, what Melvin doesn't know about horses, would overfill a Railroad Boxcar.

With every post Melvin keeps proving that he's sociopathic. I let a psychiatrist friend of mine read some of Melvins posts. His diagnosis -- Melvin is a rabid sociopath. He even ventured the opinion, that since melvin likes to torture animals, that he COULD even end up as a SERIAL KILLER.

Now that is shocking. This Psychiatrist ,specializes in criminal antisocial behavior, so maybe he knows what he's talking about.

Is that scary enough for you?

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: it's U who's obviously never been around

223 fan said:
horses. :) My dad farmed with them, stupid, and my sister was nearly killed by a horse that "brushed" her off against the corner of a barn, at full run. My brother in law (just her boyfriend at the time, 40odd years ago, beat that SOB to death with a whip.
Well Melvin, you have equaled yourself in exposing your idiocy again. No sane person, would believe anything lilke this in your wildest dreams. So, you're caught in another lie.

One thing I learned from my grandfather, early on, is that you make a pet out of the horse, and the animal willing cooperates with you. My family ranched and farmed with horses too, Melvin.

But NO, old Melvin the terrible, has to come out with his unecessary violence against the animal trying to show how big, and bad, he is. What you are showing, Melvin, is how big a WUSS you are. You're exposing your cowardly mind for the world to see.

Melvin, if the BS you put out were music, you could out do most brass bands. Being a coward goes hand-in-hand with being a BULL-SQUEEZE ARTIST, which you most certainly are.

I don't care how many posts you make, what you don't know about horses would still fill a boxcar. And with you lack of knowledge about horses, I would doubt if you have ever set foot on a farm.

And, Melvin,when someone is so dumb, that they don't know there isn't any difference between a horse whinneying, and a neighing, IS FALLING DOWN STUPID, ON THEIR PART.

You are really showing how US high you're on the BULL SQUEEZE scale.

Tell me Melvin, why do you always post violence toward animals? I have been told, by a competant Psychiatrist, whom specializes in criminal behavior, that animal abusers can eventually become SERIAL KILLERS! Is there something about you that we don't know Melvin?

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Raider said:
Okay, I'll show my ignorance. Do horses and mules get along together? I'm told that mules are quite intelligent despite their rep. I'm thinking that you could use the mule to pack stuff.

RIKA :)
RIKA:
Elmer Keith, and my Uncle, used to pack supplies to forestry camps, in Montana, in the 1930's. They road horses for themselves, but they used mules for carrying the loads. I think the mule could carry more load, safly, than the horse.

My Uncle did not like mules, and neither did old Elmer Keith. Their main complaint was that the mules were contrary animals.

Sort of reminds you of MELVIN doesn't it?

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: go ahead, stupes WASTE several thousand

223 fan said:
$ on a horse, trailer, tack, etc, then thousands MORE for his training, and thousands more for his "keep". Horses will be shot on SIGHT within 2 weeks of shtf, for their FLESH, and there's absolutley NOTHING you can do about that FACT. You can "rather" ride than walk all you WANT. It will have the SAME chance (of being effective () as a snowball in hell's "wish" tor emain unmelted. You people need to WAKE UP. Your PREFERENCES dont mean SQUAT.
If old MELVIN gets any funnier I am going to have to get a laugh filter for my computer.

Hey, MELVIN, where is it written that horses will be shot on sight within two weeks of SHTF. What part of your personal La-La land did that come from?

I think I will start calling you MELVIN the sage! I mean, you have looked into your crystal ball and seen all of the horses getting shot.

You dummy, no one knows what it will be like two weeks after the flag goes up. What makes a dunce you such an expert.

Bill

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
A fella, once asked me how I got my dog to do so much. I replied, well the first thing you have to be, is to be smarter than the dog.

Things became a little hostile for awhile. But, he got over it!

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.