Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On saturday last I picked up a swiss mil surp K-31 rifle.The stock appears very good & most of the bluing is still there.I also purchased some ammo but haven't fired it yet.I noticed that the action was waaaaay smoth with rounds in the mag(6 rnd).Another thing I noticed was that the wrist on the stock was huge!Both my 91/30 & m48 have a nice easy grip.This rifle will take a little getting used too.Also the safety is a large ring on the back of the bolt.I can see where,under"rapid fire" you might smack your schnoz!
Anyone else have/try one of these?

G

·
got access electronic shooting timer?

if so, how about time for five hits on a 25 yd man torso, 12"x24". Average of 5 tries? Standing, unsupported. My buddy managed 6 seconds, with his Enfield, and it's supposed to be a "fast" bolt action. The AR-15, of course, managed the same in 1 second, timed from the first shot.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got a couple of the Swiss rifles, bought the first one for $9.50 - WAY long time back. Slick action. If you have trouble finding ammo, or your ammo is Berdan primed and you want to reload, .284 Winchester brass can be easily formed to the 7.5. Lee makes dies. All told, a very nice shooting piece.

DC

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks 45 colt!$9.50 huh?;) I paid $139.:)
I'll keep in mind the info on the .284.7.5 swiss isn't cheap like either 7.62 commie or mauser.

As for the 25yd man target?The K-31 has a smoother,faster bolt than the enfield IMO.I'd try your test but all the SMLE'S I've seen lately have been the "wire wrapped"version.Not one I'd like to shoot real bullets out of.:eek:

G

·
so try it with your swiss, it's so "smooth"

:) An auto could malfunction one rd in 4, and STILL be faster for 4 hits than the bolt action. A bolt might as well be an auto that malfunctions every shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts