Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your life utterly f^cked up due to past legal indescretions?

The MAN got you down?

Under the eye of the System?

On parole forever and about to be bio-chipped like a head of bovine stock?

My advice:

Since you still have another 20 years, give or take a few, before you're ready for Depends and attendents at the nursing home, sell everything, kiss off fading memories of what might have been in the American gun culture, round up as much cash as you can, and head for Belize or Costa Rica.

Get local papers, real papers, in Belize, they speak English there, and they are conveniently corrupt.

Then either open up a bar or something in Belize or head for points further south and do something similar. If you do it right it can become a decent haven for seedy emigres, smugglers, and other of like mind. You'd probably call it something like 'The Pistolero'.

I seriously doubt US authorities will bother coming after you. If they try, cut a deal and offer to use your bar and serve as an intelligence conduit for the DEA and other taxpayer subsidized boy scouts. They'll play ball.

Think about it. Remember, it's never too late till they are shoveling dirt into your hole or welding your cell door shut.

:cool:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Mike, do you really think that somebody like Melvin could pull it off. Remember that he would have to behave himself down there and obey the laws. Also he would have to treat people politely.

Actually it sounds like a darn good - even attractive - idea to me. I could really be tempted.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In some of those places, the 'law' is often a flexible thing and thin on the ground. GK's kind of place.

Way I figure it, he's got maybe another 20 years max, so he might as well launch his last hurrah. Even if he only lives another ten, I'll bet its a better 10 than the 20 he might live under the eagle eye of the System, provided he stays free.

Besides, they are openly talking now about the need to put bio-chips in everyone on parole and probation. If I was him, I'd start planning for a midnight move and a change of citizenship.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
u "figure it" STUPIDLY. You wanna TRUST those pos's, go for it. I can do far better. I have a nurse who can graft my toeprints onto my fingers. First, a half dozen cosmetic surgeons, each doing 1-2 things to my face. Then the grafts and the new ID. Presto, go wherever I want. A DIPLOMATIC passport makes you UNTOUCHABLE, you get to bypass the metal detectors, and such a passport doesn't cost that much at all,in certain countries.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're thinking 1970's, this is 2004. I have one word for you - "biometrics".

1) The diplomatic passport has to be REAL and both it and you have to pass. Diplomatic passport holders will have to verify biometric ID.

2) You stick around here and you're going to get chipped within the next 6 - 12 months like a frigging heifer.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
mrostov said:

1) The diplomatic passport has to be REAL and both it and you have to pass. Diplomatic passport holders will have to verify biometric ID.

2) You stick around here and you're going to get chipped within the next 6 - 12 months like a frigging heifer.
And it won't be a two component system either. The passport, the Biometric data, AND an independant database will all have to agree. You might be able to forge one, you might be able to acquire one, but you will not be able to spoof all three.

you have no idea of what is currently possible. There are only two impediments: time and money. The technology exists now.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That mail order diplomatic passport for some island inhabited only by penguins may fool customs in Uganda, but it won't fly in N. America or Europe.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
Your life utterly f^cked up due to past legal indescretions?

The MAN got you down?

Under the eye of the System?

On parole forever and about to be bio-chipped like a head of bovine stock?

My advice:

Since you still have another 20 years, give or take a few, before you're ready for Depends and attendents at the nursing home, sell everything, kiss off fading memories of what might have been in the American gun culture, round up as much cash as you can, and head for Belize or Costa Rica.

Get local papers, real papers, in Belize, they speak English there, and they are conveniently corrupt.

Then either open up a bar or something in Belize or head for points further south and do something similar. If you do it right it can become a decent haven for seedy emigres, smugglers, and other of like mind. You'd probably call it something like 'The Pistolero'.

I seriously doubt US authorities will bother coming after you. If they try, cut a deal and offer to use your bar and serve as an intelligence conduit for the DEA and other taxpayer subsidized boy scouts. They'll play ball.

Think about it. Remember, it's never too late till they are shoveling dirt into your hole or welding your cell door shut.

:cool:
That's pretty good advice, MIKE. If I were MELVIN, (thank God I'm not) that is something I would look into.

I know of a couple of "forced expatriots" that are in Belize now.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:

I was just reading about Bio-chips, for felon identification, in the Los Angeles Times today.

There are several Bio-chips under consideration, and it seemed like to me that they all have RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) capability.

Have you heard that Mike?

Or has anyone else read anything about this?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
u "figure it" STUPIDLY. You wanna TRUST those pos's, go for it. I can do far better. I have a nurse who can graft my toeprints onto my fingers. First, a half dozen cosmetic surgeons, each doing 1-2 things to my face. Then the grafts and the new ID. Presto, go wherever I want. A DIPLOMATIC passport makes you UNTOUCHABLE, you get to bypass the metal detectors, and such a passport doesn't cost that much at all,in certain countries.
Yes MELVIN, John Dillinger tried the same thing. The finger prints never changed. Toe-to-finger transplants do not work. When the transplants heal, the finger prints come right back. You lose MELVIN ...

But, you do need quiet a bit of cosmetic surgery on your face. The way your face looks now -- it looks like you should be wearing boxer shorts for head gear.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
GBullet said:
Bill, Mike, would these bio-chips be trackable by satellites, etc.?
My self, I don't know for sure, if they would do that now or not. But the article did mention that the capability could be included.

So, what ever the future would hold, would probably depend on what, or how our national security requirements were.

Incidentially this Bio-chip idea and capability have been around for years. TRW, and Hughes Aircraft electronics design groups have been working on this concept for years.

When I worked for TRW, in the 1980's they had Satellite-tracable Bio-chips minaturized to the point that they were about the size of three grains of rice, end to end, including the internal antenna.

In the intervening twenty-five years, I feel confident that tracable Bio-chips are at least half that size now. These chips were also for deep intra-muscular implant.

The Bio-chips they use on animals now are all RFID and tracable with a reader. Can you imagine Bio-chip readers in Supermarkets, Banks, Malls, Gas stations etc. Every where people congregate, letting Law enforcement know what the bad guys movements are.

A few key strokes on a computer and there Mr. bad guy is -- Go scoop him up.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My local county pound puts a bio-chip in every dog that they adopt out.

Let me answer my own question, as I should have known better:

Bio-chips are being implanted in potential kidnap victims in Mexico so that authorities can track them down. The kidnappers have in many cases attempted to locate the bio-chips for removal. To date, no bio-chip has been defeated by the kidnappers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's talk now about doing it to everyone on felony parole and probation, and very soon too. They would start with those on the Federal hook.

There is the 'Chip Mobile' driving around the country now offering to chip people for free as a promo for Applied Digital's 'VeriChip'.

People on parole, like GK, are probably going to get a surprise one day, like at work or the next meeting with their parole officer.

Putting the chip in is very simple. It is smaller than a grain of rice. It was designed for rapid and efficient mass chippings in a 'casual' environment'. It's just like getting vaccinated.

Satellite GPS tracking is a reality, and that is probably what those on the Fed hook are going to receive.

They have no legal right to object. They'll have a choice, the chip or back to jail.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
GBullet said:
My local county pound puts a bio-chip in every dog that they adopt out.

Let me answer my own question, as I should have known better:

Bio-chips are being implanted in potential kidnap victims in Mexico so that authorities can track them down. The kidnappers have in many cases attempted to locate the bio-chips for removal. To date, no bio-chip has been defeated by the kidnappers.
I know you're right. After singer Vicente Fernandez's oldest son was kidnapped a few years ago, there was a newspaper article about that. Thanks for jogging my memory.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
There's talk now about doing it to everyone on felony parole and probation, and very soon too. They would start with those on the Federal hook.

There is the 'Chip Mobile' driving around the country now offering to chip people for free as a promo for Applied Digital's 'VeriChip'.

People on parole, like GK, are probably going to get a surprise one day, like at work or the next meeting with their parole officer.

Putting the chip in is very simple. It is smaller than a grain of rice. It was designed for rapid and efficient mass chippings in a 'casual' environment'. It's just like getting vaccinated.

Satellite GPS tracking is a reality, and that is probably what thopse on the Fed hook are going to receive.

They have no legal right to object. They'll have a choice, the chip or jail.
I think Bio-chip implanting of Felons is a very wise idea. But, it will make programs like AMERICA'S MOST WANTED obsolete. Knowing where they Felon is 24/7/365 would be a good tool for Law enforcement. The public would sure be a lot safer after this is implemented.

OT, but AMERICAS MOST WANTED got three new captures late Saturday.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With that in them, tracing can be mostly automated. They cross a border they are not supposed to or go someplace that is prohibited or 'red flagged', like an international airport or the registered address of the business of a licensed FFL dealer (like to buy ammo), the system will automaticlly alert the watchdogs.

This will allow the same relatively small number of case workers to keep a much tighter grip and a closer eye on their wards.

Someone in GK's shoes might as well have a camera and a beacon shoved up his ass.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You wouldn't need satelittes. It's pretty amazing what you can do with a cell phone. Most phones have capabilities you aren't even aware of.

I saw a traffic management system, that simply checked how fast cell phones were moving along various highways. Traffic conditions could be determined by the number of phones in a given area and how slow or fast they were moving. It's pretty amazing what 1000 points of data can tell you in real time. (oh, the brand or service provider didn't matter.)

I was looking at the sdk for the sony-erricson phones. Pretty cool, we did a demo app, where I could basically determine my position relative to a specific cell phone that someone else had.

All it would take would be to add a simple small app into every cell phone (which can be updated over the airways with or without your knowledge) to listen for the tracker chips and "phone home" when they detect one. The app would just run in the background, whenever the phone was on.

They wouldn't have to actually make a phone call either, just send a small data packet with the id of the chip they pinged and the network would do the rest.

With the millions of cell phones out there, odds are very good, that you'd never be more than a few feet from one no matter where you were at. Tracking you would be stone cold simple.

And since it isn't one phone, or even your phone that's doing the tracking, but all phones, you can't defeat it.

How's your paranoia now?

Ain't technology cool?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
With that in them, tracing can be mostly automated. They cross a border they are not supposed to do or go someplace that is prohibited or 'red flagged', like an international airport or the registered address of the business of a licensed FFL dealer (like to buy ammo), the system will automaticlly alert the watchdogs.

This will allow the same relatively small number of case workers to keep a much tighter grip and a closer eye on their wards.

Someone in GK's shoes might as well have a camera and a beacon shoved up his ass.
Mike:
The thought just occured to me; this is the way the Big Brother government enslavers will work out the bugs in the system, so they will be able keep track of every citizen through a simple implant.

I can see that it will be easy to legally implant felons while on parole, or initial release. But, how do you think it will be implemented for law abiding citizens?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It will be part of an id that you will need to have - probably driver's licenses to start with, and then some national ID that you have have to carry.

Cops will be able to tell if you have your driver's license with you or not while you are driving....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.