Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 13 Posts

· Site Founder
4,826 Posts
I once read an article about a neat round called the .224 BOZ. Sorry, but I don't remember the details, but it was (I think) a 10mm case necked down to .224. Made somewhere in Europe, there were no plans to import the guns shooting this caliber into the USA. I would like to have something like that myself.

One other of my "gee I wannas" is a handgun (small enough to be carried) that would shoot the equivalent of a .50AE short. Just a 325 grain .50 caliber bullet being pushed at around 850 fps.

Yeah it would still be a handful.....

· Site Founder
4,826 Posts
it'd fly out of your hand, since it would have about twice the recoil of a .45 acp.
I doubt it. I have an AMT in .50AE that does not fly out of my hand when I shoot it. Even though my hands are small and the gun is BIG, I can still hang onto it. Not the most comfortable experience in the world shooting it, but it's still in my hand afterwards.... :D

· Site Founder
4,826 Posts
Heck, if I can get one good shot with a 325 grain .50 diameter bullet into the chest of the bad guy, and he is still coming at me, I would use the TV Superman defense (throw the gun at the guy :laugh: ) and then run like hell!

So maybe a BIG HEAVY gun would be best to carry. Just in case..

1 - 4 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.