Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

If you had to guess how much ammo you have on hand right now, how much would it be?

• Just Not Ready: Oh Lord help me, its only 1 to 100 rounds

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Top Of The World Ma: I might actually hit something with my 101 to 200 rounds

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • The Confident Shooter: I'll shoot my way to another supply with 201 to 300

• Just Doesn't Know Better: 301 to 400 rounds

• Lame Excuse For Enough Ammo: I've got more than enough with 401 to 1,000 rounds

• A Manly Man's Amount: 1,001 to 2,500 rounds

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Action Jackson In Reserve and Ready To Serve: 2,501 to 5,000 rounds

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Almost Enough Stashed But Never Enough At Hand: 5,001 to 10,000 rounds

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • More than any of that but I ain't sayin cause I know you're a fed!

Votes: 17 18.7%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to guess how much ammo you have on hand right now, which I am figuring you believe is ALMOST enough because that is what you currently have on hand in case the SHTF - well how much ammo would that be?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a tough one. I don't think I could even tell you how much.
I'm guessing at right around 3,000 rounds of just 223. I don't even really care for that gun much.
About 1,000 rounds of 30 cal carbine. My son has that rifle at college now.

22 LR -- who knows - ALOT.

600-700 rounds of light trap loads for 12 gauge.

Just put me down for Alot but not enough.

Jim

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Enough that I won't have to go next door to borrow a cup of ammo.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Confucious says: "Wise man may never have enough bang."

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I was just thinking about how small my stash was getting....

Then I started adding 'em up.Yikes!

it's no wonder my mom thinks I'm nuts.:cool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I aint gots much ammo.
1 Box of 20 rounds, 7.62x39 WOLF Hollowpoint
1 Box of 20 rounds, 30-06 Winchester Ballistic Silvertip
1 Box of 25 rounds, 3" 12 ga, Winchester Drylock High-Velocity
2 Boxes of 20 rounds, .35 Remington, Winchester 200gr. softpoint

105 rounds.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I just don't feel properly attired unless there are at least 2000 rounds for both the primary rifle and pistol calibers.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Might be interesting to see more of a breakout - MBR, defensive pistol, shotgun, etc.

I know if .22LR weren't a factor, I'd be in a lower category.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a WWII footlocker that is crammed full of ammo of a few different calibers: .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl., .357 magnum, .380, .32 Auto, .22LR, .22 WMR, 7.62x54R, 7.62x39, .223, .35 Remington. There is also a few .50 caliber ammo cans around that are full of 9mm ammo. It is a bunch, but I have not counted lately - yet well over 5,000 maybe close to 10,000. I cannot wait till I empty out that foot locker, to see the impression it made into the carpet on which it sits.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Let's just say I currently have more than 5K of .308, and it isn't the only caliber I have....

:devil:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I may not have as much as yall, but I think I have enghuf, more than 1500 in .22 alone.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gun_crazy_JR said:
I may not have as much as yall, but I think I have enghuf, more than 1500 in .22 alone.
Its not how much you have but how much skill you have in using it. Thats true in most of life. Keep chunkin' along Gc JR. I don't think that shtf is coming for awhile. Are you practicing your woodsman's skills?

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
HeHe.My pile just went down by 280 rnds.HeHe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
RIKA.
yes I try to practice them. mater of fact I made a lean-to after school today to see it the reminets of hurricane Ivan would tear it down. so far it hasn’t. I also practice primitive archery, cooking, brain tanning and fire starting. O yeh and tracking. I hope to be efficient enough in the wood so that I found myself in the wood with out a gun or knife or other essential gear that I could survive. I try to listen to a lot of the "old timers" talking about woods skills, (some of it is tall tails other is valuable)
I try to be prepared to survive under less that favorable conditions.
Im think of a old saying something along the lines of
"the best plans are for nothing if a angle pissis in yer powder horn. " :unhappy:

well that’s all I got to say for now.
peace :madeuce:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I believe I have reached the point of diminishing returns with my stock of ammo. That is the point whereby it is MUCH easier to just buy a new case of ammo rather than try to dig into the pile of ammo cans to find that caliber you want to shoot next weekend. Have you ever moved around a bunch of .50 ammo cans filled with .45ACP or .50BMG projectiles? I am certain I have an ammo can filled with .44 Special somewhere, but if it is in the back bottom row of ammo cans, the price of more ammo would be well worth avoiding the risk of rupturing a disk in my back trying to get to that ammo can.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Ha!ha!ha!

HA!HA!HA!HA!.............I'M STILL LAUGHING......HA!HA!HA!HA!

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!

i got a buddy 40+ miles west of me thats the same way! thank you ,RICH,
for the belly laugh!

:roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aah yes, there is never enough ammo.......

1 - 20 of 94 Posts