Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NUTTY JOHN thinks a SA Revolver is a lame gun, which shows his core knowledge of firearms, to be seriously deficient.

How many would agree, that any pistol, in the hands of a practiced shooter, would good for self-defense?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
It has alwas been the shooter not the gun. But felching mouse our resident sperm recepticle can nto seem to get that through his drug clouded mind.

I wonder if Mike has had him take a random drug test lately?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would hate to have to relearn how to use a single action revolver, but that doesn't mean that it isn't suitable for what ever task. I use a SA pistol and a double action revolver because of the similarities in the manual of arms. :scatter:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You will get no argument from me I learned to shoot on single action revolvers and still shoot a Ruger Super Blackhawk. By the way, single action Smith&Wesson revolvers are quite fast to reload.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Agreed - with one Caveat: the pistol HAS TO GO BANG. As long as the weapon is kept in working mechanical order, than yes, any weapon will work. I routinely carry a Blackhawk in .45LC / .45 ACP as my woods gun. Big hole, quick handling, in .45ACP spare rounds can be carried in a cheapo 1911 mag, and doesn't raise any eyebrows if seen. "If you can't do it with 6, get another line of work"

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I agree. Its the shooter and his mindset more than the gun.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yup.As long as you're familiar enough with the controls(hate to loose the slide on a Beretta when just trying to de-cock!) any pistol should do.

Well,'cept mebee a Glock....that's another story though.:)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
agree

however, among reliable guns, the SA revolver would be my last choice.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Actually, there's an interesting article in one of my magazines...got to find it.

Basically they took a wheel gun and an auto of the same or similar calibers, and had the two people fire three shots at the same time.

They asked the observers to identify who fired the fastest. They repeated this like 5 or 6 times.

No one was able to tell who shot the fastest.

Not exactly science, purely ancedotal, but in a gun fight the differences in the the action types might not make as big a difference as some would believe, at least not for the first 5 rounds...

Personally, I like the autos.

but it is interesting food for thought and discussion.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If the shooter as some familiarity with the weapon they are using in SD, yes, the weapon won't be a major factor. But, if that same person had lots of experience with SA autos, but Zero with DA revolvers, they may be in from some trouble. Expecially with a 2 inch snubnose. I've seen many a man who said they knew how to shoot a snubby, but when they did it on the range, fast, they could not hit the broad side of a barn.

Now stupekid is a 10" POSCAR fan and Star Bowl Movement (chopped to shit also.) He has so little real experience with things like SA/DA Sigs, or Glocks, or revolvers, not to mention bolt guns and lever guns and pumps (and shotguns he is just scared shitless of) that you know he would goof the shot, if not just throw down the gun and run (or plead for his life.)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree, if one knows their gun and is competent with it, then the gun is just as good as any other that they may be familiar with.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
I own a little bit of everything, DA revolver, a couple of semi auto's , a snubbie, a .22 LR, all which I practice with. After firing over 7.000 rds through my .44 Magnum Vaquero last year, I would feel comfortable using it as a defensive firearm within its limitations.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
depends. Against what YOU could handle, I can handle BETTER with my walking stick. :)
I assume your walking stick has the 3 little feet on the end. What an arrogant nitwit.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
What the nitwit misses, is when I said "used within its limitations". I would prefer to use my Combat Commander if I had a choice in a defensive situation. Try reading what people say, rather than reading what you want to hear, dipstick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts