Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like the gen3 frames w/the molded in finger grooves?

They don't "line up" w/my fingers very well is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I like 'em just fine on the Glock 17 and 26, but not at all on the 19. They don't line up for me on that one for some reason. I went out of my way to get a Gen 2 Glock 19 for that reason, and it feels much, much better. Paul Gomez of Ops Personal Security bought a Gen 3 Glock 19 and had a friend of his grind the finger grooves off. He's quite happy with it, and, as you might suspect, shoots the heck out of it.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
All I have are a 19 and 26, both with the grooves, so I have no reference for comparison to the 1st and 2nd generation guns. I like mine fine, and imo, the 26 would be horrible without them.

I fired a 17 or 19 once with the smooth grips, but it was a long time ago, it was my first glock experience, and I was thinking more about the "weird" trigger, so I didn't pay much mind to the grip.

The answer to your question is "yes, I like them", but that doesn't mean I like them better than the smooth ones. I don't know the smooth ones.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,years ago I wrapped my mitt around a Glock 10mm.(model 20?)Anyways,that one fit my hand almost as well as a BHP.I was quickly shamed by a friend & put it down though.

I'm willing to bet that there'll be one in my future. :duck:

I just need to [quietly] find a decent old one w/o the grooves.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The only ones that gave me trouble were the bottom most ridge of the lowest finger groove on my 26 and 36 frames. Until I sanded them down. :dgrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts