Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On saturday last I looked at a lot of revos.One that caught my eye was a 38 special Python.Blued with a 6in(?)barrel.
How rare are these?All I've ever seen were in 357mag.
Honestly,Pythons are a little pricey for me so I rarely give them more than a cursory glance.[look,a python.yep,it's over $700.next :) ]

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Colt made the Python in a limited edition Target model that was in .38 special only. They were only made (as far as I know) with an 8 inch barrel and came in either blued or nickle plated. Never heard of one in 6 inch, but I wouldn't really call myself an expert in Colt Pythons. I just happen to have a few of them. ;)

Prices run around $850 to $1200 for them, last time I looked. I believe they were only made a single year, and probably only 500 of each of them were made. I haven't gotten any of that model myself, since although it is an odd model of the Python, I have had other ones higher on the priority list.

If it is not a Python Target, then if could be either one of the rare models in other calibers that Colt released now and again, or someone simply replaced the cylinder or the barrel. If you can get the serial number, a phone call to Colt will tell you what it left the factory as.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a Target model,how would you know w/o the call to Colt?Are there any distinguishing features?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts