Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I'm the eternal optomist. No matter what dire SHTF scenario folks predict, I figure we'll be okay in the end. I don't carry a big gun against crime, I carry a little gun. BOB?...only if bugging out means going on vacation. Why?...I'm an optomist.

China, North Korea, Iran?...America always wins. Revelations?...the good guys win in the end.

But watching the DNC Convention has me spooked. Why?...because it seems full of people determined to bring about SHTF. Most of them seem well meaning but confused, like Ben Affleck, and they're okay by me. It's the devious ones that concern me, hell bent on dictatorship. Kerry doesn't scare me, Hillary doesn't scare me...Teresa scares me.

Everything could be going just peachy and someone like this accends to power and brings on SHTF the next day. We could wake up to a nightmare before year's end. I want to be an optomist, but I'm spooked. Are you?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
C.S. Lewis

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Not spooked. Cautious. SHTF time is coming, we just don't know when. If Kerry wins, the timetable will speed up. Bush will go slower. IMO they both work for the same end - global govt. I will live and love for today and let tomorrow take care of itself - at least as far as shtf goes.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Raider said:
...IMO they both work for the same end - global govt....

RIKA
I agree. When my in-laws (democrats) start with their rhetoric, I tell them I don't love the republican party either. I simply see it as the lesser of the two evils.

The Democrats will take us toward perdition at 100 mph. The Republicans are taking a parallel road; their foot's just not as heavy on the gas. End result is the same, imo, unless the "longer ride" the republicans will take will mean more of the sheep waken in time to demand we switch directions.

Not real optimistic about that.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The Republicans just give me a bit more time to buy ammo.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Bush gave us the Patriot Act,which anyone can see has no HOPE of stopping terrorists, but which has GREAT potential for oppressing citizens. So vote for Kerry for pres, and Republicans for Congress, keep them gridlocked. That's the safest move.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Don't think they'll gridlock on national security issues, fake or otherwise. The sheeple demand their safety and the govt will give it to them. Ask and you will receive - with or without KY.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Personally, the simple fact that the people in power want to take away our guns should be sufficient warning enough that things are afoot that we will not like if they get their way. Disarming the public is the popular means governments have used throughout history to take away the people's power to say "no" to whatever it is they wanted them to do.

Now not everyone has to be involved in any long term conspiracy, as there are certainly people genuinely convinced that their good intentions will solve all ills in society. There are actually people that believe that simply banning guns will make us into a utopian society. Everyone will at last be safe.

A psyche warfare is going on now. Look how words have had their meanings changed. Labels that people used to be proud to to wear are now dirty: Patriot, militia, conservative, activist, etc., etc. How many people are comfortable letting perfect strangers know that they are gun owners?

So is there a conspiracy to take away our guns (i.e., our rights)? Heck I don't know. Seems such a long term sort of conspiracy that it is hard to imagine a group of controlling people having the patience to engage in something like this. Maybe it's just a form of governmental evolution that they all go through. Power leads to the insecurity and fear of losing that power, so those who have the power begin to take the steps necessary in order to keep it. Which, of course, gives them even more power, which makes them even more insecure.......

These all just might be cycles that we poor human beings, as a race, are doomed to suffer all throughout history.

But in a nutshell, yes I believe you will lose any right you are not willing to fight to keep. Shame of it is, that we have already lost so much, and many people are completely unaware of it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
the Brits lost all their gun rights, over a period of decades. They couldn't WAIT to give up all their guns, even right AFTER WW2, when they had to BEG the US to send them guns. The Canadians are little better off, believe it. You can't even have your handguns available to you as you drive across Canada to Alaska. they have to be in a sealed container, and that container better NOT be showing any signs of tampering when you get to the Alaskan border, either. Garnad is a LIAR about Canadians getting to keep their handguns in their homes.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
C.S. Lewis

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
Mike, your astute observations are really begining to impress me. I think you have never hit the nail more squarely on the head, than in the above paragraph.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors (can't you tell?)

:devil:

·
Registered
68 Posts
GBullet said:
But watching the DNC Convention has me spooked. Why?...because it seems full of people determined to bring about SHTF. Most of them seem well meaning but confused, like Ben Affleck, and they're okay by me. It's the devious ones that concern me, hell bent on dictatorship. Kerry doesn't scare me, Hillary doesn't scare me...Teresa scares me.
:uhh: ... forced labor in a ketchup factory :eek2:

;) Just kidding GB. Teresa hasn't scared me yet. Hitlary does scare me. I think she has a master plan, but we're safe from her for the moment. I guess I find comfort in my (maybe delusional) belief that the American sheeple would never elect a dufus like Kerry. I REALLY hope I'm not overestimating the intelligence of the American voters.

Bad times are a comin' though. The ideological split in America is too deep and neither side is willing to compromise ... the lines have been drawn in our culture war, and the sides are too even to avoid a fight. I'm just glad I'm on the side with the guns :dancer01:

A local talk radio host said the other day that the current atmosphere is unnervingly like the atmosphere in the 1850s.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Aslan said:
C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors (can't you tell?)

:devil:

Makes me wonder how N.I.C.E.* are gov't is getting.

*Got to have read the right book by C.S. Lewis to understand that one.

Hehehe- Even has a character in there that reminded me of Butch Reno. :sidestep:

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Gunkid, why don't you give up on the bs about Canadians not being able to firearms in the home. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 3 day match, on my kitchen floor ready to load into my vehicle sits 2 handguns, 1 shotgun and 4 rifles. Who told you this cr*p that we aren't allowed firearms at home?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts