Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For your consideration I present two tales of gunkid

On my escape, after not touching a gun, 4 years
I hit the first sodacan that I tossed up, using a .22 unit and 1911 frame, from a ccw draw.I got to fire 50 rds of .22 on that escape, and dryfire and gunhandlefor 2 days. Then 7 more years of prison passed, and I tried it again. Imissed twice, then started hitting pretty regularly. How many can dothat NOW, with YEARS of constant and recent practice, hmm? They justaint FAST enough, CAN'T get a sight picture and control the triggerwell enough, to make such draws and hits, from ccw.

vs

My FIRST draw, after4 years of not touching a gun, I beat a waist high dropped coin to thedeck, going Weaver. That was during my escape. After a day of "dry"work, I fired 50 rds thru the .22 unit, noticed no change in my abilityto toss up 2 soda cans, draw from concealment and hit both. Then, after7 years of not touching a gun, the draw AGAIN beat the coin to theWeaver, but it took a bit of work to be able to RELIABLY hit one suchcan, like 30 tries. It took about 200 tries to be able to hit them bothagain. Then it took about 400 45's to get things back to a decent levelwith a lw Commander, (hitting one such can, with a concealed draw)After no centerfire practice in 12 years, with a Firestar 9mm, thefirst live rds I'd fired in 7 years, I ran an El Presidente, concealed,but at 5m, not 10m. Sub 8 secs for all 12 shots, the draw, the reload,(3 targets, 1 m apart, double tap each, reload, repeat) all hits in theC zone, and over half in the 10" A zone. Rifle skills seemed unaffectedby not touching a rifle for 12 years, strong hand. The weak side neededa bit of work, but not much. Half a day, 200 rds or so.
In story number one he hits the first soda can he tosses up in story number two it's two soda cans, unless he practiced on the single can before he "noticed no change in my abilityto toss up 2 soda cans" But how would he really know if he hadn't warmed up on that single can first? Then there is the bugaboo about not mentioning his feat of hitting the very first single can he tossed up. It makes on take pause doesn't it? Hmmmmmmmmm?

In story number 1 he misses the can twice then hits it "pretty regularly" in story number 2 it's 30 tries before he hits one can reliably.

I ask you gentle readers, are these stories consistant with each other?

We won't talk about the inconsitancies of the timing on his soda can exhibitions vs his claim of shooting a whopingly fast El Prez with "thefirst live rds I'd fired in 7 years" either the soda can practice wasn't with live rounds or the El Prez weren't really his first live rounds. Not that any of this actually happened mind you.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The El Pres thing is a hoot. He shot it at 5 instead of 10 with 1 meter spacing, in the 8 second range. Now I am a loser if I can't do the drill at twice the distance with three times the target spacing in two thirds the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts