Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 miles from Gillspie out to his house in Hornsby, got his scoped .22 auto rifle, spent the day shooting bullfrogs. We got half a gunnysack full of them, had a ball. He had zeroed the scope at about 30 ft, so we could make head shots at typical ranges, and not have the frog leap into the water as he died.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
now that sounds

like some heap big , leap froggin' fun there ol'boy,

i can recall myself and two amigo's in high school gigging a 5 gal. bucketfull and craming the leavin's in our 'english techers' mail box , i'm gald to hear that YOU can fondly recall certain aspects of your life, [it is a small step, but a step nevertheless]

thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The most fun I had in Highschool, in the ninth grade, was taking a bag of field mice and putting them into the English teachers top desk drawer. The teacher opened the top drawer to get her roll book and the mice came boiling out.

The teacher went screaming down the hall to the principles office. They came back and asked me if I had done that. I said yes! I thought her reaction was funny.

The principle, privately, in his office, said he thought it was real funny to, but, he had to punish me some way. There was this big tree stump that was in the way. My punishment was to dig out this stump. All of the guys in my English class helped me. Some of the seniors helped too. We had the stump out in two days.

The principle moved me to another English class, so the grumpy old bat couldn't hurt my grade point.

The other English teacher, a young, new teacher, took me aside and said when she had been her teacher, and she had made her the benefit of her sarcastic tounge. For some reason I made an "A" in her class.

Bill

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
brass hammer said:
like some heap big , leap froggin' fun there ol'boy,

i can recall myself and two amigo's in high school gigging a 5 gal. bucketfull and craming the leavin's in our 'english techers' mail box , i'm gald to hear that YOU can fondly recall certain aspects of your life, [it is a small step, but a step nevertheless]

thanks. :)
I hope the mess from the Frogs cleaning, made a real smelly stink in the mail box. Good trick.

Bill

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
oh' <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>

stillwater , i'm still crackin' up about the mice . :roflmao1:
oh' man , what a classic!

thanks.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
brass hammer said:
stillwater , i'm still crackin' up about the mice . :roflmao1:
oh' man , what a classic!

thanks.
BH, I didn't attend a class reunion until my fortieth. At my fortieth class reunion, the guys and gals were coming up to me and laughing about Old Lady Forrester, and the mice.

The mouse event is still legendary at the school, and so is one other event.

One other incident happened to the same teacher. She had bought a little Crosley, Hot Shot car. The Crosley Hot Shot was the smallest car ever produced in the United States, at that time.

Some of the guys in the Senior class carried it up stairs, to the second floor, and parked it right outside her class room door, during the last period of the day. At the bell she opened the class room door, saw the car, you could hear her shriek all over the High School building.

That one I didn't get blamed for.

Bill

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
crosley

thats a bit dated for me! i can recall older guys in school talking cars ! and i think crosley came up 2 or 3 times, still a hell of picture in my mind to think of! carried up to the second floor. :laugh:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can think of teachers, if you'd done that to them, I'd have busted your leg. See how funny you thought THAT was.I had teachers I didnt care for, but making the janitors hunt down those mice, making everyone else deal with their scat,etc, is not funny.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I put a pickled scorpion in my english teachers desk minus the stinger, and he made a "Party Foul" when he opened the drawer, he had never seen one before. I also was accused of several other pranks, some of which I wasn't involved in.

·
Registered
605 Posts
While in high school, a buddy and I thought it would be funny to pull the hinges out of the door to the math room (our first morning class). When the teach opened the door it nearly crushed him. It wasn't all that funny.

Also reminds me of the time I unscrewed the shift knob on my mom's VW wagon. What I didn't realize was that she would have to pull up and back on the automatic shift lever. When she pulled up she busted her knuckles on the dash. I didn't have too much luck with pranks.

I do have fond memories of shooting and gigging frogs. I remember how those little leopard frog legs would jump in the frying pan when hot!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
223 fan said:
I can think of teachers, if you'd done that to them, I'd have busted your leg. See how funny you thought THAT was.I had teachers I didnt care for, but making the janitors hunt down those mice, making everyone else deal with their scat,etc, is not funny.
Melvin, your outbursts of violent rhetoric are indicative of deeper psychological problems. You need to seek help to relieve yourself of these suicidal tendencies.

Usually when a persons speech is littered with violent thetoric, it means that individual is, under his bluster, a terminal coward. The louder, and longer the outbursts, the deeper seated the cowardice is. You'll break nobody's leg MELVIN, you haven't the courage, or the physical ability to do it. You are entirely, a terminal coward. Every thing you do, and everything you say, is foolish, spineless, bravado. Everybody here knows this as a fact. But don't take my word for it MELVIN, ask the good people on this forum.

Usually, a person that exhibits these violent tendencies, exhibits other manifestations of deep seated problems. In your case, it is your extensive criminal record. It is your failure to adapt yourself to society, and societies norms and mores.

The last word, Mores, is pronounced MOR-RAYS. It is a sociological word, meaning meaning the way a person fits into society. The sociological word Norms, refers to societies rules. You do not fit in MELVIN. You, are the square peg, in a world of round holes. Your square hole is prison, which, god willing, you will be sent back to.

Bill

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I remember this one teacher who would come in late. We started taking the light switch apart and one day the switch would have to be in the up position to be on, the next day it was down to be on.

We did this for about a month - it was quite comical to see him reach for the light switch as he came in the room, only to have it not do what he expected.

We'd also sometimes swap the left side drawers in his desk for the right side ones.

Nothing drastic, but you could see the puzzled looks on his face...

I guess we went for subtle.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
Just about as funny as someone having to bury their pet, or never seeing their pet again, because you felt like shooting it for your perverted "science" project.

Just something to think about while you are making your threats.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gee, you guys have all the fun. I had to be pretty well behaved in high school but college was different. One of the guys who pursued us gals hot 'n heavy was a guy called Ebby. He drove a late model Mazda convertible. Was always bragging about it. Called it his C* catcher and always talked about the mileage.

We gals got together and made up a story about an additive that would greatly increase gas mileage. Ebby bit immediately - anything to increase his famed gas mileage. We gave him a pint bottle of 'mileage increaser' that he poured into his gas tank. It was everclear without the label. That night we added gas to his tank so the next time he filled up he found that he was getting mucho more mpg. After a couple of weeks, we started siphoning gas. Ebby freaked! His precious car was a gas hog!

All he did was complain so we suggested that he have the car tuned up and thoroughly checked out. He did that but we continued to siphon gas. His confidence about the car was totally destroyed. He hated it.

Well, we left his car alone and gas mileage returned to normal but he never bragged about it again.

Pretty tame for girls but we had fun anyway.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
RIKA:
I don't know if that is tame or not, but you gals sure put one ADAM HENRY, in his place.

That was a good trick to pull on a MR. WONDERFUL.

Bill

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
I remember this one teacher who would come in late. We started taking the light switch apart and one day the switch would have to be in the up position to be on, the next day it was down to be on.

We did this for about a month - it was quite comical to see him reach for the light switch as he came in the room, only to have it not do what he expected.

We'd also sometimes swap the left side drawers in his desk for the right side ones.

Nothing drastic, but you could see the puzzled looks on his face...

I guess we went for subtle.

:devil:
Thats funny Tim, really funny. Subtle jokes can be more fun than others most of the time.

Bill

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
223 fan said:
Hmmm. A violent response to a joke. You seem to care for no one but yourself but you would break a person's leg because of mice. I think that you are just itching to harm somebody and are looking for a reason, however slight, to do it. Never thought I'd say it but maybe the best place for you is the lockup.

RIKA

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmmm....

I feel out of place now. All I did in High School was smoke weed at my friend's house, didn't really go to class much. But I still managed to graduate with Honors, and as a member of the National Honor Society. :confused: Never really understood how that happened.

BTW: I don't smoke anymore.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Worst thing we did was give a guy a lesson in car assembly. He was a Goonkid type, except his thing was his lime-green '68 Beetle. This thing could do anything, it was built to race, it was designed to drive fast on ice, blah blah blah. Until he went skidding across the parking lot one frozen morning and hit two of our cars and refused to pay damages. So during the day we picked the car up and carried it into the gym. Ever see the blow-up views of how things go together in a Chilton's book? Well we disassembled his Beetle just like that, and left the Chilton's book open to the right page next to it. The Whole car, every nut, bolt and fastener. We even left the fluids in 5 gallon buckets.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
223 fan said:
I'm suprised that you aren't advocating testing pellets on the mice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts