Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For many of us over the age of 65+ the days of bugging out with a ruck on our back is far behind us, bugging out to a prepared secondary still is within our capabilities. We can still be of assistance to our younger family members as teachers and take our turns doing security.

The Aging Apocalypse Preppers: Young VS Older Survivalists - YouTube

Reactions: BigEd

·
Super Moderator
2,590 Posts
prime example of why it is not a one-size fits all world. You need to take into account the realities of your situation and plan accordingly. This is a consideration that appears to be lost on some. I don't think any of us are 18 year old ground pounders full of piss and vinegar any more. I know I have a lot more limitations than I used to. It's clearly a case of the miles traveled weigh heavy on the body.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I never intended for me to be any sort of loan wolfer type. It just worked out that way with very few people I trust. Not that I didn't trust some people but some showed their true nature over the past year.
Bright side is I may end up in not a planned community but a area with several like minded people. I don't know yet
One thing is I'm not old as some but I'm no spring chicken.
I never realized Nate was that old now. 41 adding to his stated age in the video plus 5years. I'm approximately 15 his senior and probably have more chronic joint and internal organ issues.
Anyways, it's still in my nature to push and overcome my handicaps.
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts