Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but it's SOMEHOW ok to clean the 308's bore (half an hour) and fire hundreds of rds of 308 (and SOMEHOW) keep benchrest accuracy in it, WITHOUT cleaning the bore,. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when shtf, bozo's, there won't BE any "administrative" time, time out, etc. EVERY second will be just as dangerous as any other. so you HAVE to choose times when you THINK you can get away with having your rifle out of action. Barring falling into the mud, or some such, I have no intention WHATSOEVER of cleaning my CAR-15's bore, the ENTIRE time of shtf. :) What FOR? fIring 150-200 223's, a few hundred 22lrs'? that doesn't foul the bore or the action enough to hurt practical accuracy any. Probably no need to clean the GUN during that time, since no practice firing, and I happen to know enough to keep the tape on the front end of the silencer, keep the ejection port cover shut, and Acraglass the upper to TIGHTLY fit the lower. There AINT any cracks for crud to get into the gun. If I got into a sandstorm, I'd just cover up the gun for the duration, that's all. It aint getting into flapped pockets enough to bother the pistols.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay, don't clean your weapon and it will freeze up on you. Some expert you are.

Andy you are incredibly stupid.

RIKA

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thats nice

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Andy, you've obvioulsy never EVER been outside your front door. When you're backpacking, things get dirty. Its a fact. Whether or not you feel the need to clean your rifle after or before use is your decision.

Hell, noone will need to shoot you, all anyone needs to do is wait for your gun to blow up in your face.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
when shtf, bozo's, there won't BE any "administrative" time, time out, etc. EVERY second will be just as dangerous as any other. so you HAVE to choose times when you THINK you can get away with having your rifle out of action. Barring falling into the mud, or some such, I have no intention WHATSOEVER of cleaning my CAR-15's bore, the ENTIRE time of shtf. :) What FOR? fIring 150-200 223's, a few hundred 22lrs'? that doesn't foul the bore or the action enough to hurt practical accuracy any. Probably no need to clean the GUN during that time, since no practice firing, and I happen to know enough to keep the tape on the front end of the silencer, keep the ejection port cover shut, and Acraglass the upper to TIGHTLY fit the lower. There AINT any cracks for crud to get into the gun. If I got into a sandstorm, I'd just cover up the gun for the duration, that's all. It aint getting into flapped pockets enough to bother the pistols.
OMG! ROTFLMAO!

Ok, how many rounds you fire is not what makes it necessary to clean your weapon. If you had ANY ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD, you'd understand this.

GO ahead and keep tape over the end of the barrel and the cover shut. You'll discover why that was a stupid idea soon enough.

As far as down time. Unless you are actively seeking combat, there will be plenty of time available to clean your rifle.

Besides, while you are cleaning your rifle others are at the ready. Unless you are a lone wolf. Using your logic, then you had better not sleep the entire SHTF either, even if you are in your spider hole.

Posts like this point out to everyone your complete lack of field time.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
but it's SOMEHOW ok to clean the 308's bore (half an hour) and fire hundreds of rds of 308 (and SOMEHOW) keep benchrest accuracy in it, WITHOUT cleaning the bore,. :)
Half an hour? What are you, stupid?

Benchrest accuracy is a requirement you made up, because you are scared to death of the though of having to face a .308, should SHTF.

nice try though.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You really have to be an ignorant twit to take a half hour to clean the bore of a rifle.

Yet even that guy is leaps and bounds above the moron who doesn't clean it at all.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Gunkid, you've never been to a place where the best friend you have is the rifle in your hand. 1/2 day exercises on a warm sunny day just don't cut it. I have been through a sandstorm, it is not pleasant! Please follow your own advice , don't clean your rifle if the balloon ever goes up, you will die quickly and the person that retrieves your rifle will clean it so it doesn't kill him the same way it killed you.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
John's "no clean" idea is absurd. You clean your weapon whether you have fired it or not. Anyone reasonably familiar with an M-16 type weapon can clean it in about 5 minutes, including the bore. Not a "detail" clean but enough to keep it operating. The man knows nothing about firearms or living in the field.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
He certainly knows nothing about M16/Ar15 rifles or for that matter .308 rifles.

·
Registered
285 Posts
and Acraglass the upper to TIGHTLY fit the lower.
You just lost EVERY CLAIM you've ever made about how fast you can swap between your 22 conversion and the 223 bolt/carrier.

When you use Acraglass or other similar bedding material you have to push out the front pivot pin as well as the rear and LIFT the upper receiver straight up to remove it from the lower. If you've bedded it properly there will be material between the front lug and the receiver blocking any pivoting. If there's no material there then you haven't bedded it properly and your receiver isn't sealed.

You can no longer push the rear pin out and pivot the upper up on the front pivot pin, shotgunning the lowers apart or you'll destroy the bedding at the front of the receivers.

There are ways to seal the recievers, but Acraglass sure as hell isn't the right way to go when you plan on being able to easily open them.

Take your pick gunkid you are either:

a) Lying about how long it takes you to change from 22 to 223 or vica versa
b) Lying when you claimed
I happen to know enough to ... Acraglass the upper to TIGHTLY fit the lower.
Which is it?

As I spelled out above it's clear that you don't know how to do Acraglass bedding on the receivers and you cleary don't understand the principles involved or you wouldn't have made such a simple mistake.

You clearly have no hands on experience in doing it either.

Speed to change from 22lr to 223 you'll need a hand on the lower, and and hand on the upper to seperate them. Now what do you do when both of your hands are full?

Set the lower down so you can remove the 22 conversion or the bolt/carrier group?
Leave it hang from one end of a sling? Tell us that's not going to be awkward as hell.

Stow the removed item, retrieve the desired replacement, install, pick up lower then mate it to the upper push the pins in, charge the weapon and then you're ready to go. You aint doing it quickly.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
ouch!

I could hear the bitch slapping all the way over here...

Piemaster just slapped Scarecrow down like the little girl he is.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
ouch!

I could hear the bitch slapping all the way over here...

Piemaster just slapped Scarecrow down like the little girl he is.

HOO YAAAH, The prison bitch really got nailed ... AGAIN! That should teach him to try to play with the big boys ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts