Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, since I don't know a thing about rifles, could someone help me? How do you load, or whatever its called, an AK-47? do you pull somehting back or something, because ZI really don't have a clue. Where is the thing that you pull baack, or whatever you do.
Tah

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Generally speaking, the ammunition is held in a magazine (or clip, as some people refer to it), that snaps into a slot on the underside of the receiver. To load the first round off of the magazine, you pull back the charging handle which is part of the bolt assembly then release it to strip off the top round out of the magazine and force it into the chamber, ready to fire. The pulling back of the charging handle compresses a spring, which gives it the force to forcefully push forward into firing position.

Each subsequent firing of the gun works the action via gas pressures to push the bolt back within the receiver, which on it's spring rebounded return, strips off the next round. With the AK-47 in full auto, this action happens repeatedly with the round being fired each time the bolt is fully locked up, as long as the trigger is depressed until you release the trigger or empty the magazine. In semi-automatic mode, you have to release the trigger in order to fire the next round with a subsequent pull of the trigger.

I guess that's about it in a nutshell.

Hope it helps some.
:fullauto:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah, it does help :beer: What would happen if you didn't know if the gun was 'cocked', or whatever you call it when refering to a rifle, and you pulled the bolt back and it had already been pulled back before?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
one of two things.
with the safety off all that would happen is that you would eject the un-fired,chambered round,"strip"the next round out of the magazine & chamber that one.
with the safety on the bolt cannot be pulled back far enough to accomplish the above.
nothing happens until the safety is off!:dgrin:

E

·
0 Posts
AK47.

I own a Romanian AK47 or WASR-10, it fires 7.62x39 size ammunition. One thing to remember when cocking the gun is to allow the bolt to move freely once pulled back or it may not chamber a round fully as mine did not the first time I cocked it, leaving the ejector slightly open.

E

·
0 Posts
A pointless fact that would look good in a movie is the effect of the muzzle velocity. When I fired the rifle the leaves would just scatter/whoosh off to the sides. Pretty neat. I also like the sights on it. When the aimer is perfectly lined up, you're going to hit whatever your aiming at, if you don't line it up perfectly you can just aim a little lower or whatever and you get the same effect. You have to be picky when shooting diet coke cans at 50-60 feet from acrost a pond (PS. When shooting acrost a pond bring as many soda cans as you have bullets and SPACE them out, once I stacked them up against a backdrop "Bowling" style and when I shot the first can with birdshot from my shotgun EVERY SINGLE can flew back about 10 feet... )

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would have to say that an Ak is a pretty cool weapon to have, as the ammo is wayyyy cheap, lots of shooting time for little $$$, and the hi cap mags are plentiful and cheap as well, lots and lots of firepower. And they pretty much will operate in almost any conditions.

:flamethr::uzi::twoguns::fullauto::madeuce:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts