Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just over at Rich's new site, GunWantAds.com and found this cool AK Receiver metal flat. Its only 12.99$ and I cant see how I can go wrong buying one, especially since it is not a regulated item and thats the amount of money id have if I chose not to eat lunch tommorow. However, Ive never screwed around with the inards of AKs in my life!

What do I have to do to make this thing work? Im sure its much like the process of building an AR from the ground up with the 80% receiver, but this thing needs to be shaped first. Can anyone send some good reference information for me to ponder on?

I can only ponder what dads going to think, but since its not an FFL item he wont complain because he dosent have to sign for it. I remember when I brought up the Mak-90 I liked...

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
DW, if its a receiver flat you will need a very strong and accurate sheet metal brake to bend the sides up. Unless its already been done you will also have to drill the holes and cut out all the openings. I understand that it can be done but would probably take an experienced metal worker or machinist to do the job well. At 12.99 you can't lose much and would at least make an interesting paperweight.

RIKA

·
Registered
296 Posts
ok i try not to post links to other gun sites too often but

http://www.homegunsmith.com/

will most likely answer all your questions on the Kalashnikov Family of firearms.
they are nice friendly (troll free) and have a forum dedicated to each of the most popular weapons.

they have been rather helpful on ar and 1911 build ups that i have done and the ones i am doing. most times you can just read the older posts and find all your answers.

sean

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks AZ Collector

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think im going to, AZ Collector. When I go up to moms place, where I have the garage and a whoe buch of machinests Im friends with live nearby, Ill order the flats and parts.

I think itl be an AK-74. Id make it for dad and give it to him as a random gift. Instead of making it a dedicated "anti-human" weapon system, I think I'll use some real high grade, classy wood and take off the synthetics. Paint the metal coyote tan after a teflon finish. Mabye even learn how to jewl metal and jewl the bolt assembly. Probably top it off by putting a HoloSight on it.

If I could, Id probably put a CAR 15 style long flash suppressor on it.

It would be one hell of a random gift. If I get it done before august, it can be a birthday present. Now I just have to work out how I can get it in the appartment close to his birthday and manage to hide it for a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts