Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any other handgun, EASILLY. It can be a dozen calibers, a pocket gun, a 308 single shot, a muzzleloader, a carbine, more powerful than a .44 (ie, 460 Rowland) shoot low cost 9x19 ammo, etc, In .38 Casull, with the Cylinder and Slide funny-safety deal, and the shortest slide and butt, I'd be tempted to try it, with large pockets. You can get the wt down to 25 ozs, loaded, which is 2 ozs less than today's Dick special .38 snub, loaded with 158 gr ammo. With some sort of stiffener in the pockets, might be ok. It's only 4 ozs more than the Star, loaded. 60 grs at 2300 fps is 700 ft lbs. Pretty mean for a pocket pistol.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I didn't realize that it was a shotgun. I was under the mistaken impression that it fired a centerfire pistol round, not a shotgun shell.

Live and learn I guess....

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Its gonna be a muzzle loader? Talk about goofy.

:roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1:

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
What does alloy material have to do with it TARD?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A muzzleloading, single-shot, 1911-based shotgun? Oh yeah, someone needs to have his meds changed.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, I think the loaded wt can be reduced to 23 ozs, maybe even 22 ozs. That's the same as a steel Chief's special snubby, full of 158 gr ammo, with 3x the power (700 ft lbs , 38 Casull, .460 rowland case necked to 9mm. probably still twice as controlable, certainly half again as controlable (ie, .20-.25 sec splits, as vs .40 second splits with the .38 snub. easier to hit with on the first shot, *beyond arm's reach) too. Fit it with Laughridge's $150 hammer-popper kit.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Andy, can you at least try to put your threads and posts into the correct forum? I don't think that is too much of me to ask of you, now is it?

This is a handgun topic that you put in the SHOTGUN forum, which I have had to move into the HANDGUN forum where it belongs.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had other topic headings that I wanted left where they could be seen at a glance. Since shotguns are meaningless, and no posts in that category anyway, what diff does it really make?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Good plan ther etaking ont eh forum owner.

But then you never were that bright were you prison bitch.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
andy said:
had other topic headings that I wanted left where they could be seen at a glance. Since shotguns are meaningless, and no posts in that category anyway, what diff does it really make?
Seems to me that early on you suggested that I CUT DOWN the number of forums. Which I did. I think what I have here now will suffice to cover most bases as long as people take the time and effort to post in the proper forums. If I see the need to split one forum into multiple ones, I can do that. But there really is no excuse for someone to post an OBVIOUS handgun related thread in a SHOTGUN forum, now is there?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
It's called being intelligent. It's called following the rules.

It's called you are an idiot.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rich Z said:
But there really is no excuse for someone to post an OBVIOUS handgun related thread in a SHOTGUN forum, now is there?

All of andy's threads should be placed in the General BS forum since that's all they amount to. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My main concern in basing so many caliber/barrel/upper swaps on one alloy frame would be either the loss or breakage of some small,critical,part.

I can see the merits of having a kit containg a few different upper/magazine/barrels.
I'd just hate to see it become the kind of thing to depend on daily.Then there's the matter of ammo.Even keeping a half dozen rounds of a half dozen calibers on hand could be problematic.God forbid something were to break.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Why an lw compact "springfield" 1911, and not a Colt, Kimber, etc...?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You wouldn't need a half dozen. It's doubtful you'd ever be someplace where you couldn't find either 9mm, .40, or .45. I think every single Law enforcement agency is using one of these calibers. Two of them are used by the military. They account for a huge number of civilian sales.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
more info

What's off topic about a handgun in a handgun section? ANY gun should be a subject on this forum, so what's your gripe, basic ignorance? :) Somebody showed you up, so you get upset? Nobody who's into the "one gun" thing is going to be shooting enough to wear out a frame, and so what if you did? Frames are <$200, man. Springfield offers a "fully supported" barrel, to protect against case blow out, and to control the feed ramp shape and angle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts