Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks. Finished reworking my old Commander. Everything's pretty much done now, except for the installation of the Kart barrel and bushing that should be here by the end of the month. Here are some before and after photos.

Best,
Jon

Before . . .

After . . .

Before . . .

After . . .

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Jon, that looks nice. What did you use to re-finish the aluminum with?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, R. I did quite a bit of work on the receiver smoothing out the sharp edges. I had to refinish those, and I decided to try just refinishing those areas and not the whole receiver for the first shot. I used the cheapo bottle of Birchwood-Casey's Alumablack. Was surprised to find that it's pretty darned hard to tell what has been refinished from what hasn't. When it comes to finishes, as you can imagine, I've become a glass-half-empty sorta person ( ;) ), and I'm not expecting the finish to last long. But, hope abides! lol!

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I used Alumablack in the past to redo a real scroungy 10/22 reciever.

Worked well and gave a nice semi-matte finish after I bead blasted off what was left of the anodizing.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thanks guys! Has anybody used any of the Brownells spray on finishes? They look pretty good to me.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
'AMAZING/IMPRESSIVE'![to say the least]

ya, know BIG-JON? we've 'jack-slapped' [in good-fun] in the past!

BUT that before/after photo was WELL?,,, "KINDA'-BLINDING"

DAMN FINE WORK!

[ya,know? Ispied an old COLT'S [alumininuminnn-framed] AGENT for about $275 2 weeks ago at a pawn-shop I've never been in BEFORE!,,,I PASSED.]

:wavey:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You should have bought it Brass. The Colt Agent is one fine pistola if you like 38spl only.

RIKA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts