Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still haven't found my riveter but did find this old fuel cartridge stove of mine from the old days:
Telephone Audio equipment Microphone Corded phone Telephony

It's probably around 45years old and I've used it in "The Backyard" which was my term for the family back acres that went unused. And a few beginning hikes and hunts out in the Ozark National Forest.
I doubt the fuel cartridges it used are still available. They looked very close to the old freon cans except these had a rubber nipple designed to seal the end. Which didn't always work. When I have time I might see about refitting it to take a more current butane or propane cartridges.
Wood Gas Automotive tire Circle Cross

If it doesn't turn out to be a really involved project I might do that and clean it up. And give it some new life.
Telephone Audio equipment Microphone Corded phone Telephony

However it'd be easier to search for ideas if I could remember the name unfortunately through time and use it's pretty well worn off.

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About 2 months ago, I was rummaging around one of my least used ammo lockers and I found 1,000 small pistol primers that I didn't know I had. These days that's great find!
Definitely so considering both availability and cost!

I've done some searching and haven't yet found any new production cartridges compatible with this. So I think I'll remove the brass fitting with the needle and check the thread pitch. Maybe I can change it to something useable without much of a hassle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts