·
Registered
1,950 Posts
good stuff, thanks for sharing

cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, Jaws, while I agree with your stand, the writing needs some polishing. Perhaps do more to tie-in those three important colors instead of stating "of many colors".
The imagery of fish eating their innards while I walk on their back is roughly hewn. The fish are hard to identify with American (North American, anyway,) symbology. What if, instead, a Bald Eagle picks the lifeless eyes from their skulls which I have hoisted on a the flagstaff where Old Glory yet waves...?
Well you asked, at least I didn't say "that's neat".
SatCong

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Suggestion

I like hearing comments in ways to polish off the piece. I want to improve this article and I thank you for your imagery. Will continue to hone this article to perfection. No offense taken thanks for your feedback because it will make my future pieces better.

Sincerely,

JKM

P.S. Do you recognize the pistol that I have in my hand?
Its a .38 Special War Issue that I have was passed down through the family.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Pic is not really close enough to tell, but it's probably a Smith, what became known as the M10, and used to be called the "Hand Ejector' model. It may well be in caliber .38 Smith and Wesson, not .38 Special. The former have a slightly different case and bullet OD, IIRC. Seems like it was slightly larger in OD than today's .38 Special.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hi Jaws,

Your writing isn't bad but I found my attention wandering because some of the imagery didn't exactly relate. Keep trying. All authors have to start somewhere and you have made the first step.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
andy said:
Pic is not really close enough to tell, but it's probably a Smith, what became known as the M10, and used to be called the "Hand Ejector' model. It may well be in caliber .38 Smith and Wesson, not .38 Special. The former have a slightly different case and bullet OD, IIRC. Seems like it was slightly larger in OD than today's .38 Special.
The Smith & Wesson Model 10 was known as the M&P or Military and Police, not the Hand Ejector. The "hand ejector" Models were the Model 30, Model 1917, and Model 50. Got you on that one, John. The great gun guru doesn't know a Model 10 from a hand ejector? My whole world is shaken. :fullauto:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts