Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to find .45 ACP locally, no luck. On line, maybe in November. November has came and went. CTD out of stock. Sportsman's Guide, maybe January. 22LR box of 550 rounds Remington Golden Bullets, $32.95?? 9MM 9X19 Wally World I got a blank look from the clerk and after he got the manager he said he was out indefinietly. What the hey?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Yeah, I didn't realize there was still an ammunition shortage. I thought that would have worked itself out by now.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I don't know how long the situation will take to resolve itself, if ever. We have a perfect storm going on here for the arms and ammuntion industry. A bad economy, dangerous Congress, flatly EVIL President, and enemies of freedom on every side have combined to make arms and ammo very valuable and much desired comodities. I'd just be happy if components would become more available.

·
Registered
130 Posts
:rolleyes: Much as I hate to rationalize about what's really going on ...... I have to agree with Cutter.

Right now, if you've got extra food then begin to, 'squirrel' the canned and dry goods. If you have a few extra rounds on hand, hang onto that too. My advice would be to, 'batten down the hatches' because severe socio-political modifications to all aspects of American society - to our former entire way of life - are definitely on the way.

People, we've been setup for failure; and you've got to be deaf, dumb, or blind not to see it. What's going to happen, now? I don't know; but, I'm positive that whatever happens next most people aren't going to like it. :uhh:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Well, when that happens, I believe the people responsible should be held accountable. Since there has been such a push to disarm the public for so long, in my opinion this is all by design. Therefore they knew what they were doing, were trying to reduce their risk of retaliation, and therefore are responsible for all damages they inflict. I don't believe they should profit from the hardships they will inflict upon us.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I guess I must have just got lucky. I walked into Walmart and picked up 200 rounds of 9MM. they had both 50 and 100 round boxes. I will probably go hoard some now... That is why we are having the shortages.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Any leads on bulk bullets in various calibers, cast or jacketed, that won't cost a month's pay to buy? I have a bunch of 9mm casings that would like to be filled.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I thought I got a notice from Cabelas just the other day proclaiming a sale on in stock ammunition.....

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Rich. I wish there was a Cabelas within 100 miles of me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't bought .45 lately, but I was at Walmart the other night. Federal 50 round boxes of 9MM were 9.97 and 100 round boxes of Winchester USA brand FMJs were 21.97. One website I purchase components from is:
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/
I don't know which bullets you are looking for but on their site they will tell you exactly how many boxes are available or if they are out of stock.
Just in case, the Walmart store is in the Shenandoah Valley. Dick's Sporting Goods usually has ammo available in our area, as well as Gander Mountain. Unfortunately we don't have a Bass Pro or Cabelas within a 2 hour drive of where I live.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was in Wally world last week. I had planned to purchase some more 9MM, I had recently picked up a Sig-Sauer P228 DAO for $399 from through Gunbroker, so I have about $440 in it. I have started to shoot it some and needed practice/ JIC ammo. I asked about .45 ACP and they had some, I decided I'd come back after payday and pick some up...

DUMB MISTAKE, they were out of it already so I talked to the clerk for a little bit. It would appear what is happening is, some entrepeneurs are buying up the ammo quickly, possibly with some inside help, if you ask a friend who works there, to let you know the ammo came in and they work in housewares, they don't know you are buying it all up to resell for a profit, because of the the artificial demand. I hope at some point those individuals are stuck sitting on a bunch of ammo they don't really need and nobody wants to pay their inflated prices.

So I guess the moral of this story is: Buy it when you can, it is becoming available, but you are competing with the hoarders and scalpers...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts