Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 2 years numerous media reports have been generated about the new generation of firearms buyers, those from the woke crowd. Due you think that those people that bought firearms during the pandemic panic will end up using the ammo and guns that they purchased or will we see some decent sales when those people have stopped panicking?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
In the last 2 years numerous media reports have been generated about the new generation of firearms buyers, those from the woke crowd. Due you think that those people that bought firearms during the pandemic panic will end up using the ammo and guns that they purchased or will we see some decent sales when those people have stopped panicking?
The indication around here is there was panic buying of both guns and ammunition last year with special aisles created in big box store's to keep the buying lines orderly. What turned out to be the case is the buyer's rarely took free instruction classes, fired off a couple of cylinder or magazines and then went home with the remaining ammunition and thought themselves "Ready" for any emergency. I haven't seen any guns showing up for sale from the mad rush. Yet.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Funny! Some of these people appear to be more 'woke' than others. Sometimes I shoot at a remote outdoor range that is open to the (presumably licensed) public. Recently, like the past few years, I've noticed several paramilitary type groups of mostly younger males stopping at the range to practice. (They often arrive at off hours, which is when I also like to practice, and will quickly take my favorite side of the range completely over!)

These groups are characterized by certain outstanding behaviors: (1) They tend to back their vehicles into parking spaces in nice tight groups. (Everybody stays together!) (2) The weaponry, and optics in their vehicles easily exceed the value of each vehicle, itself. (They know their guns and optics!) (3) They tend to use tactical rifles, almost exclusively, and they prefer to shoot these rifles on the 25/50 yard pistol and rifle sight-in-only side of the range. (Which is annoying!)

(4) If the group is larger than two or three people then one of them will be an obvious leader. (5) They tend to stare a lot, go pretty much silent while any others are around, and don't smile much at all. In fact I can't remember a single instance where one of these people ever said, 'hello'. There is also a high percentage of out-of-state license plates on their vehicles. (Which causes me to wonder whether or not all of them are actually licensed to use the range?)

Frankly, I don't see any of these people selling off their guns or ammo. If anything I would expect them to reinvest instead. So, on this one, don't be holding your breath!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Super Moderator
2,325 Posts
Well there are the Sheeple average people that bought Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols one or all three and would probably sell if it meant keeping it or buying the next "new shiney" that either the Idiot Box(TV) or the Interactive Idiot Box(internet device) tells them they "need'.
But then again there's the types mentioned above that are either useful idiot cannon fodder or serious Antifa soldiers.
And the latter are the dangerous ones. The former they just have to get lucky on a trigger pull.
But don't discount their current skills or ability to learn just enough to be dangerous.
Fear and hatred can be big motivators. Just look at what Hitler did manipulating those two emotions.

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Funny! Some of these people appear to be more 'woke' than others. Sometimes I shoot at a remote outdoor range that is open to the (presumably licensed) public. Recently, like the past few years, I've noticed several paramilitary type groups of mostly younger males stopping at the range to practice. (They often arrive at off hours, which is when I also like to practice, and will quickly take my favorite side of the range completely over!)

These groups are characterized by certain outstanding behaviors: (1) They tend to back their vehicles into parking spaces in nice tight groups. (Everybody stays together!) (2) The weaponry, and optics in their vehicles easily exceed the value of each vehicle, itself. (They know their guns and optics!) (3) They tend to use tactical rifles, almost exclusively, and they prefer to shoot these rifles on the 25/50 yard pistol and rifle sight-in-only side of the range. (Which is annoying!)

(4) If the group is larger than two or three people then one of them will be an obvious leader. (5) They tend to stare a lot, go pretty much silent while any others are around, and don't smile much at all. In fact I can't remember a single instance where one of these people ever said, 'hello'. There is also a high percentage of out-of-state license plates on their vehicles. (Which causes me to wonder whether or not all of them are actually licensed to use the range?)

Frankly, I don't see any of these people selling off their guns or ammo. If anything I would expect them to reinvest instead. So, on this one, don't be holding your breath!
The left has large groups of people that are seriously training. Underestimating the left is a dangerous thing to do. They are not all “soy boys” and weaklings needing safe spaces. It is very possible these are some of the ones to be concerned about.

I used to make fun of people that said the left is gearing up for war. Nowadays, I’m not laughing.

·
Super Moderator
2,325 Posts
Yep and there's been a few times over the years that I've seen people that I've wondered about both at the range and at a few gunshops.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The left has large groups of people that are seriously training. Underestimating the left is a dangerous thing to do. They are not all “soy boys” and weaklings needing safe spaces. It is very possible these are some of the ones to be concerned about.
Too true. With years & years of gulf war, comes the inevitable years & years' worth of combat-trained people. And as with any large group of people, not all of them are going to be nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts