Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Neat little cabin. Looks like its about 12' x 12'. If 2 people stayed there for a long period, I think they would have to be pretty good friends. Thanks Bill.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would prefer looking around for a cheep trailer. Back in collage I lived in a two person trailer that was in the shape of a Volkswagen. You can find them very cheep. Buy it, fix it up, and then move it onto your hideaway land. It does not have to look pretty, but you can spray paint it camouflage to fit the surroundings and put netting on it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Djet, we have a cheap trailer up at deer camp that we stay in. I was really surprised at how nice they are.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DJetAce said:
I would prefer looking around for a cheep trailer. Back in collage I lived in a two person trailer that was in the shape of a Volkswagen. You can find them very cheep. Buy it, fix it up, and then move it onto your hideaway land. It does not have to look pretty, but you can spray paint it camouflage to fit the surroundings and put netting on it.
A friend of mine does have a small fiberglass trailer, stuck off in the hills, which he uses as a deer hunting camp, and as a place to bug out to if he has to.

However, because of the weight of the trailer, and the trailer having to have a modicum, of primitive road needed to get it into the hills, it is a difficult task to move it around without a road.

The cabin, in the picture, can be built by using two packhorses to carry in the construction materials, in one trip. The second trip brings in the stove and anything else a person might need.

I know of three that were build this spring, in Northern Idaho. Two of my friends built theirs, and mine,this year. I provided the money, they provided the labor. It cost me, less then two thousand dollars for everything, including the stoves, the dishes, and the bedding.

These cabins, located about a mile apart, and off of any trails, have had small sapling Aspens planted close to them. These saplings, four on each side, will be roped over this next year to give even more cover from casual observers.

I found this area in 1995, while exploring the area, with the guys that I had built the cabins. It is a small valley, probably not over a thousand acres, covered with Aspen groves and a creek, that has trout in it.

We plan on building Alaskan style caches, using the cabin structure built on poles, about eight feed in the air, equally well hidden, so that the resident bear population won't be ableto raid them. They will be disguised by more saplings planted, and bent over the roofs as the saplings grow tall enough to be rigged over the tops of the caches.

Another two, or three thousand dollars and I am setting pretty. We will probably have to figurre out a hidden structure and corral for the horses, because we plan on having two horses apiece. My son may comein on this too, so that will mean one more cabin, one more cache, and room for another two horses.

There is plenty of area to support a dozen horses, and six or eight people hunting, without advertising our presence.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Bill,

If I'm going to use a pack horse, I want to bring a pack howitzer!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DJetAce said:
Bill,

If I'm going to use a pack horse, I want to bring a pack howitzer!
If you have one, let me know when, and bring it to Moyie Springs, Idaho, and we'll figure out how to make use of it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I knew of a guy who had some land, a private 'pocket' in the national forest, and the local forestry service people decided to be a-holes and cut him off from being able to bring in a modular home as he needed to improve the access road just a tad and they wouldn't let him do it.

The forest service people were discouraging any more people from developing their land in private pockets deep in the national forest - eco-freaks with a government job.

It turns out the dude was a retired senior exec from a BIG lumber company. This house in the woods was his retirement dream and he was not about to let some forest bureaucrats from stopping him from putting a decent house on his own private property.

SO..... he called in a few favors with his old company and the next thing you know, to the complete shock of the forest service people, here comes this giant Sikorsky S-64 Sky-Crane heavy lift helicopter with his nice, fancy, modular home slung beneath it.

The retired lumber company exec didn't need the road improved for the rest of his stuff once the house was on the property.

·
Registered
779 Posts
HOT DAMN!!!! Outstanding! I can just picture those maggots shaking their tiny fists at that chopper as it passed overhead. Does my heart good just thinking about it!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Our friend, Diane Luppi, had the Feds SHUT OFF her access road. When she drove over it ANYWAY, they stole her house, and damned near succeeded in tossing her into prison. So much for VISIBLE, above ground shelters, when things get tough.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andy said:
Our friend, Diane Luppi, had the Feds SHUT OFF her access road. When she drove over it ANYWAY, they stole her house, and damned near succeeded in tossing her into prison. So much for VISIBLE, above ground shelters, when things get tough.
Read the post TARD. Who said anything about the small cabin being visible? In fact, measures are being taken to disguise these three cabins, as was explained in the original post.

If you would learn how to read with comprehension, you would have seen that.

Look at the size of the cabin, in the first post. It's not like that minature cabin is a three story Victorian Mansion. That minature cabin, is easy to disguise, with ground foliage, and small trees.

Damn TARD, learn how to read!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
YEs tard much better to hiide in someones septic tank like you once posted.

YOu meet this lady on a conjugial visit in teh pen felon?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hasher said:
YEs tard much better to hiide in someones septic tank like you once posted.
And when he figures out how to drive it, he'll go after those pipelines!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Wylycoyte said:
And when he figures out how to drive it, he'll go after those pipelines!
And then Big Brother will have to FLUSH him out.

RIKA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts