Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since he's never said and probably never will what his preferences are for the Uber canned CAR build of Melvin's SHTFantasy.

I stumbled across this article on another forum about a guys self stated Dewey Crowe build and thought it would be fitting to post here all things considered.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Has too much barrel. It has a real "do it all" length barrel; not a 10" shove-it-in-your-pants barrel.

...a guys self stated Dewey Crowe build...
Wasn't Dewey Crowe the little Nazi weasel from Justified..?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep the little meth head iirc. And as I'd call him the fictional mayor of loserville?

I never really watched that show but for humor enough guys on Warrior Talk quoted him; or at least did memes with quotes attributed to him I got the gist of his character.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
You'd probably like Justified. I liked it a bunch at the time, but it's heavier and darker than what I mostly watch nowadays.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has too much barrel. It has a real "do it all" length barrel; not a 10" shove-it-in-your-pants barrel
Yep, I'll concede that. I guess they didn't want to throw away $200 on a tax stamp or do the 10" will get you 10 years payment plan.

And while I didn't read all the details I don't think it was a 80% lower.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You'd probably like Justified. I liked it a bunch at the time, but it's heavier and darker than what I mostly watch nowadays.
Justified was a good show, funny at times, dark at times, but always interesting.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I probably need to give it a try. In some ways it might be like some of the shenanigans that went and probably still go on in Madison County AR.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I suspect there are. There are some very real parallels between some of the characters in the show, and some of my wife's cousins in our area; at least in their personalities. Most of her cousins are really good people, and their actions in real life are less dramatic and interesting those of the show's characters. But there are definitely some similarities in personalities.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I won't even begin to mention person or two that I call ex-cousins. One used to fit the nickname of "Grand Theft Auto" and the other I hope I never see him out of prison and leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Justified was a good show, funny at times, dark at times, but always interesting.
It was one of the VERY Few (Along with The Wire, and Bosch) Cop shows I really enjoyed Watching. Someone else Mentioned the Dewey Crowe Character, the Actor, Damon Herriman is Australian...threw me a bit of a loop when I saw an interview with him out of character. In the end, As much of a Shitbag as Dewey was, I kind of felt sorry for him

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was one of the VERY Few (Along with The Wire, and Bosch) Cop shows I really enjoyed Watching. Someone else Mentioned the Dewey Crowe Character, the Actor, Damon Herriman is Australian...threw me a bit of a loop when I saw an interview with him out of character. In the end, As much of a Shitbag as Dewey was, I kind of felt sorry for him
Wow! Maybe a case of a natural role for that guy?
I know one old guy that was my cousin Jack's best friend and if the little shit is still alive could probably play a good Frank Nitti ,. If they ever did an alternative reality movie where he never offed himself. Not that Vinnie is a criminal mastermind or anything.😂🤣

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
what was funny, is every single one of his clever plans blew up in his face...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm tempted to tell Vinnie's short lived career as a Kat Burglar (his spelling).

Oh why not.
Vinnie who didn't know shit from apple butter about climbing or rappelling buys some fear at a sporting goods store and gets to work.

His first big heist is gonna be a local judge's two story estate whom Vinnie had it in for as he'd been before that judge several times already.

Actually well thought out except the part of the climbing gear. Vinnie breaks in when the judge was out in the town. He had some meat doped up to knock out the judges guard dogs. Vince then takes a few minor items just to let the judge know somebody was there.
Then Vinnie dramatically begins the decent off of the judge's second story bedroom balcony. And gets hung up about halfway down.
After playing dope on a rope for an hour or so the judge returns with his two Chicago PD bodyguards. And is yelling at Vinnie about his dogs being "dead" but they weren't thankfully for Vinnie. And then he yells for him to get on down; with both cops waiting below.
Vinnie crys back up that he can't that he's stuck.
So the judge quickly solves that problem by going back inside and returning with a knife and cutting the rope.
Vinnie then realizes the gravity of the situation.

And it being Chicago guess which judge does Vinnie end up before for his first hearing?🤣

Another hilarious but true one could be called: Vinnie's 11(Fiancees) but that's best left for another time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts