Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
times. You have to start with hands at shoulder height, facing away from targets. A pivot, draw and hit in .90 second is a top time, even for speed rig. A reload and hit, for me, without a mag well funnel, was rarely less than 1.50 second, at that 10 yd range, with a good hit. So, say, 2.5 seconds for reaction, pivot, draw and hit= TOP time. then say that 10 more hits can be had, on one target, in 20 more seconds. that is not hard, many can do it in 1.80 seconds, or a bit less. Now all that's left is the 4 transitions between targets. That should not add more than .80 second to the time. say, .20 second for the move, but that's WITH the .20 second(or less) of recoil control of the shot. See? You can be real smooth, get nice hits, in 6 seconds, if you are fast at the draw and hit ,and reload and hit.; 5 seconds pretty much requires a compensator and a mag well funnel, or a lot of your hits will be poor ones, and misses of the C zone (or even the entire target) will be a bit too commonplace. :)

when it's for real, tho, 10 yds is EXTREME long range, and you'd BETTER be using cover for such bs, and NOT be up against 3 guys who have guns, (and who know anything at all about shooting).

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gar better than shooting slowfire groups

will ever do, that's certain. Guys like you dislike El Pres because it reveals you as the inept gunhandler that you are.

G

·
I prefer to set up multiple targets at different ranges and angles from me. I usually try to duplicate a real-life situation that has happened to me or someone that I know. For example, ATM machines, carjacking situations and so forth compose my scenarios for practice.

"El Presidente" is Hollywood, not realistic.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was never meant to be. it's a STANDARD

test of SKILL, which you fail miserably, so intead of WORKING at improvement, you blame the TEST. :)

I can teach Robbie Leatham to be a LOT more "tactical" than you will EVER be, in about an hour. "Tactical" (read lazy and cheap) guys like you will NEVER have any real ablity with a gun because that takes WORK, disiplined thought,and MONEY spent on the project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts