Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
27rds in a 30td M-16 mag, I perfer to start with 2 tracers then when I see a tracer its reload time. Pack out for the M-60 is 200rd opened, 200rds on the gunner, A gunner carries 600rds, B gunner carries 600rds and the tripod, rest of the squad 200rds. You hope for a 5 count, but throw on a 3 count and pray they cut the fuzes correctly. Dont know about C-rats, but MREs are 12 to a box, 36 lies in a box.

· Registered
378 Posts
I read the TM's applicable to my MOS, and anything else that would help keep me in one solid piece. I was assigned to 17th AVN. Brigade, and they have the only platoon of pathfinders on the peninsula. My job was at least as impoprtant as the CC's because they dont roll without me. The most dangerous thing in the world is a 2nd luff with a map and a compass, the second most is a baby buck E-5 driving for him who only know how to say "Yes Sir/No Sir". Most new luffs need a babysitter until they make 1st, and the babysitter needs to be senior/experienced enough not to be blinded by the rank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.