Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swimming? Other guy who's swimming "holding" you? 4" brain circle, at 200 yds, with a suppressed rifle, using subsonic loads, EVERY shot? See, Hard Rock is willing to get ALL his team killed, riskiing such a shot at sentries. You want to be part of HIS raid-team? Subsonic 240 gr 308's dont amount to a CRAP at keeping a man from yelling, etc, with just body-hits. So you HAVE to brain him, or the raid team is exposed. If the other guys can get closer, why is your "sentry-remover" stupidly firing from 200 yds? Why ain't he the CLOSEST guy? Why risk a failed mission based upon such a bs thing? Why put anybody'd life at risk over such? Man, even a ROCK SOLID firing position would be a very risky thing, at a sentry at 200 yds., with such a gun and load. The 1050 fps bullet may still have 850 fps left at 200 yds, but that means that the average speed was 950 fps, and 200 yds means that the bullet needed 2/3rds of a second to arrive. You CAN'T control the target, and if he coughs, sneezes, takes a half a step, bends over, turns, etc, you miss the head ENTIRELY. All those things can be done in 1/4 second. A shot thru his teeth, cheekbone, or glancing off of his skull leaves the sentry screaming his head off, and so does any sort of body hit. :) So, Hard Rock is a LIAR, and a stupid pos for making such claims.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Of course, the part that GunKid conveniently leaves out, in addition to changing some of the details, is that this was part of a class, from SMTC.

And the techniques are USED by real people in the real world.

And GK has been INVITED to see it taught and done.

Don't take GK's word, don't take mine. Contact Storm Mountain Training Center.

That's the part that GK somehow forgets to mention, where you can get the FACTS from the SOURCE.

:devil:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Andy:

The International Tactical Rifle Championships are held every year right here in good old Wyoming. This year, two of my IPSC shooting buddies won second place. That's pretty good considering the best operators from the armed services show up to kick butt and take names. Too bad the young studs and sniper Seals got whooped by an overweight surgeon and a 50 year old gas field hand. Anyhow, one of my friends (Sam) is one of the most talented carbine shooters around, my other buddy (John) is a truly gifted long range precision shooter.

John can easily hold a four inch circle at 200 yards on demand all day long sitting or prone, if the wind will accommodate, regardless of terrain. In fact, he has no problem maintaining a minute and a half wobble zone under most field conditions. Did I mention he is one very talented rifle shooter? But, and I emphasize "but", that's with a Tubb 2000 sporting a Nightforce scope at stationary targets that don't breath or shoot back.

Anyhow, all one needs to do is to look at the results of the ITRC to see the best shooters can hit a 4 inch gong at 200 yards pretty much on demand. Really good F class rifle shooters perform to that level every weekend.

Switch the scenario to a war time situation and I would suspect things would change substantially. I wouldn't know because I have no experience sniping sentries.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did u read that he claimed he can do this while SWIMMING? :) wHAT a RIOT. I'd bet BIG money he can't deliver such hits, 10 out of 10 tries, at 50 yds, while swimming. :) The bozos never offered to PAY my expenses to get to some bs place. I'd waste $200, they wouldn't show, and they'd laugh at me. Well, I aint as stupid as they are, that's all.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Andy:

Man I just don't know when to take you seriously. Nobody is going to claim to be able to reliably pop a 4 inch circle on demand at 200 yards while swimming. There must be some missing pieces.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what the lying pos said he could do, and the bser Aslan claims it too. See what I've been dealing with, for years? garnad is on record as saying a 223 sp won't reliably stop a chuck at 300 yds. Well, the 75 gr Hornady V max sp still has 2200 fps left at 300 yds, from a 24" barrel. That's 800 ft lbs still, man. 13x as much as the military says is "still lethal"(ie, 60 ft lbs).

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Gunkid/erika, it is amazing what a skilled marksman can do on the range. Just because you can't achieve that degree of skill doesn't mean others can't. Please post the link where I said that a 5.56mm won't kill a chuck at 300 meters, or whatever. I'm sitting here with baited breathe looking forward to it. Funny, my ex used to put words in my mouth also. She couldn't prove it either!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Ankeny said:
Andy:

Man I just don't know when to take you seriously. Nobody is going to claim to be able to reliably pop a 4 inch circle on demand at 200 yards while swimming. There must be some missing pieces.
No, Andy is once again changing what was actually said.

But, like I posted - don't beleive anyone. Get the facts from the source. Andy likes to change what was actually said and make it either impossible or flat out wrong.

Go to the Storm Mountain Training center (they are on the net) and contact them about their waterbourne classes (not the actual name) and find out what they teach.

Trying to get a straight story from Andy is darn near impossible.

:devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts