Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found another gun picture. This one is a picture of my IPSC Production gun. This gun is so tricked out, I managed to get a Master card in short order.

I put skateboard tape on the grip panels and a little chunk on the front strap. I also took the magazine brake out and straightened it to allow the magazines to drop free. Hmmm...the only other change was a Wolff mainspring. The target is 10 rounds at 15 yards with white box ammo. No big deal and yeah I know I jerked the crap out of the trigger on the two fliers.

Look what else I found.

This was the first card issued for earning five division master. I think there are now two (maybe three) 5 division masters. The only thing holding guys back from getting all five is revolver division. Revolver shooting is a dying art and most good bottom feeder shooters don't want to interrupt their shooting time for a meaningless classification just to stroke their ego. I started IPSC when I was 45 years old and with my failing vision and arthritis I figured I better get all five before old age kicked my butt. Besides, everyone has their own agenda and their own goals. Five division master was just one of several goals. It's kind of cool, but in reality it won't mean squat in a hundred years.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay, I gotta comment. Congrats Ankeny, this is sooo cool. 5 division master must be very hard to get but you stuck with it.

Now the CZ75B, thats my baby and I absolutely love it (9mm) but mine is all blue. Its the only SA that I can hit with using iron sights.

Do you fire your first shot DA or from cocked and locked? Whats your trigger pull weight? LB weight of the Wolff spring.

I didn't know you could shoot IPSC with a CZ75, thought you had to have one of those tricked out cuties.

:beer:

RIKA

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
That looks like more than ten rounds to me, Ankenny, and I question your speed and distance.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
LOFL

Well I didn't see a time limit ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terry:

Once again I am reminded what goes around comes around. Touche'. I paced the distance so I don't know for sure it was 15 yards. As for the time, I can't remember if I used a sundial or an hourglass. I was drifting the sight and the group was slow fire. I did shoot it standing without support. No draw, I started with the gun in my hand. You know what? That might be more than ten rounds, I have hi-cap magazines. Then again, maybe it's ten rounds and the center accidentally fell out to make the group look like one hole. Hell, I don't remember and it wasn't important at the time. Hmmm...light bulb comes on, slaps forehead. I think you treid to tell me that once.

Raider:

In Production Division the first shot is double action. Other than sights, grips, and internal reliability work, the gun must remain stock. When USPSA woke up and smelled the coffee, they realized they needed a place for people to shoot free from the gadgets and arms race. They added Production and Revolver Divisions. They also added Limited 10 division for people who don't have hi-cap mags. In L10, you can only load 10 rounds, the same is true for Production.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts