Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dropped the carcass off at the processor. Going to have it turned into a garlic summer sausage. It was just a tad under 25 lbs dressed and without the head.

dropped it using my suppressed 300 blackout pistol. Just a bit over 200 yds.

no pictures this year, we were trying to get out quickly. We both got one, both of us using 300 blackout pistols.

it was a nice three days in the field. Very fun hunt. We have found a “honey hole” that has some big herds.

we also saw an agricultural plot of alfalfa that had between 50 and 100 mule deer standing in it....

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I've been invited to hunt for feral hogs later this spring early summer and I'm looking forward to it, if it can be fit in to my schedule. I plan on using my scoped 6.5x55mm and as soon as it warms up I need to hit the range and test some hunting loads.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
We're overrun with hogs in our areas, but not on our particular property. I assume it's because we're in a small 'pocket' where a few people live, in the middle of 14k acres of completely unbuilt land; so the hogs run the undeveloped stuff instead of where the few humans are. I've never taken one myself, but have had employees who have. Had one guy who was bigger than me who used to hunt them with a knife. Guy was huge - probably 6'4" and 320 lbs or so and used dogs when hunting them. Never sounded like fun to me.

·
Administrator
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been invited to hunt for feral hogs later this spring early summer and I'm looking forward to it, if it can be fit in to my schedule. I plan on using my scoped 6.5x55mm and as soon as it warms up I need to hit the range and test some hunting loads.
the 6.5 "Swede" is one of those guns I find interesting - for whatever reason, it is under appreciated in North America. Before the Creedmore came out, I was looking at the .260 Remington, but I own a .280; there really wasn't any justification to adding another caliber.

My rifles are in these calibers: .338WM, 30-06, .308, .300 blackout, .280, .223, .22WMR, and .22LR

I have everything North America can throw at me covered :cool:

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
.223, .30 Carbine, .30/30, .32-40, 6.5x55mm, .30-06, .45-70 then the pistol caliber carbines in .357, .44 magnum, .45 Colt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.