Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot, but my two favorites are my nickel plated 7 1/2 " Colt SAA second generation. I fire it on my birthday with reduced (Cowboy) ammunition. It's just too good looking to knock around with. It looks more like jewelry than a gun. When I heft and cock it, the familiar click,click,click,click, (Colt) brings to mind the frontier, and one of Custers's 7th Cavalry Troopers pulling back the hammer. My other favorite is a Model 1917 .45 Hand Ejector that was shipped to Brazil in 1935, and then returned to the US in 1980 something. I bought it for $125.00. After I cleaned the gunk out of it, it fires like a champ. It's just a pain getting the empty shells out of the half and full moon clips. It's over three quarters of a century old, but I would definitely not feel under armed with it. The half and full moon clips are great speed loaders, and that 230 Grain ball will definitely get your attention.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
My 1905 Winchester M97 takedown. Poetry in motion!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
My M1911A1 was made in the early 1930's in Argentina on Colt tooling, under Colt supervision. Still as tough and accurate as the day it was made.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Are those really antiques? I always thought an item had to be at least 100 years old to qualify as an actual antique. I don't have any antiques if that is correct. My oldest gun is my Ortgies .32ACP pocket pistol. Fun gun, I am happy I bought it from a guy at work. My next oldest gun is a Nagant M44 from about 1955, the year of my birth.

Whoops that maybe wrong, my next olkdest gun maybe my Mossberg Model 44, when did they make them?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
My oldest gun is a Win M94 30-30 given to me by my grandfather just before I was born (he died before that time). I was first born and he was hoping I guess. Wonder what he would say now. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Its 99 years old, you want to quibble over 12 months??? Come to think about it, it will be 2005 in 3 months!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Sure why not quibble, an antique gun is an antique gun as opposed to a simply old gun - LOL. Actually I figured yours was close enough, the others posted something about 1917 and the 1930s. I guess maybe sometimes I get to technical with words for my own good, no offense intended, just being me.....

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Rika,

My oldest gun is a Win M94 30-30 given to me by my grandfather just before I was born (he died before that time). I was first born and he was hoping I guess. Wonder what he would say now.
He would probably say, hey girl want to have a snort (meaning booze but you knew that). My guess is he would be pretty darned proud of you, and take you hunting, and shooting and all that good stuff. I mean look at you now, you are a shootist, wouldn't that make him proud?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, anything over 25 years is considered to be antique. Just ask an expert, my wife. Yes, that means bean bag chairs are antiques.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts