Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
A 4 3/4" SAA, 38-40 cal made in 1903. A gift; could never afford it myself. Would be nice to have a collectiom but I would rather have a P/U truck.

RIKA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering because I have seen the prices on the 1st generation pistols and it almost gave me a stroke. Plus I prefer to shoot what I have instead of look at it all the time and handle it with white gloves.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I shoot my 38-40 occasionally. It has about 30% finish but is excellent mechanically with good rifling. A desirable piece of history but as you say, much too expensive.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I can't say I'm a collector, since I only own one. A second generation SAA in .45. 7 1/", nickel plated. I usually only shoot it on my birthday. The price of 1st,2nd or 3rd generation Colt SAA put's them out of the range of most people. It's a pity, but there are good clones out there if you want a "shooter."

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you guys are rare. Most local collectors I know won't even let you breath on their SSA's let alone shoot one. Yet I have seen some interesting SAA's lately but I am getting cheap in my old age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts