Arms Locker banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it goes something like this:

1 skilled combatant and 1 unskilled = 1 goes to the hospital, 1 goes to the morgue.
2 skilled combatants = 1 goes to the hospital, 1 goes to the morgue.

Fights with blades are the worst kind of ugly.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
pretty much right on the head.

Also ignore any bs about a "useful blade". Even the shortest of blades can do serious damage if used properly.

A lot of tissue is elastic, which means you can jab and slash with a very small blade and cause a lot of destruction.

Take your thumb and press into skin. Now imagine a 1/4" blade sticking out past the end of your thumb - how deep or how much tissue would you be able to cut?

Any size knife is useful - or at least can be. In fact a short knife can be an advantage if your opponent is unaware of it.

When faced with an opponent who has a knife, you will get cut. You do have some control over how badly and where.

:devil:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Aslan said:
pretty much right on the head.

Also ignore any bs about a "useful blade". Even the shortest of blades can do serious damage if used properly.

A lot of tissue is elastic, which means you can jab and slash with a very small blade and cause a lot of destruction.

Take your thumb and press into skin. Now imagine a 1/4" blade sticking out past the end of your thumb - how deep or how much tissue would you be able to cut?

Any size knife is useful - or at least can be. In fact a short knife can be an advantage if your opponent is unaware of it.

When faced with an opponent who has a knife, you will get cut. You do have some control over how badly and where.

:devil:
I AGREE!,,, RIGHT DOWN TO THE BLOODY GROUND!!!,,,,FRIENDS :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I carried a Cold Steel Safe Keeper III in my boot top when I still wore a gunbelt to work. Thank God I never had to use it, but when someone is on top of you, two inches of sharp metal in the rib cage will most definitely make them want to NOT be on top of you anymore. Aslan is right on the money....while, I would rather get nailed with a 2" blade than a 12" blade, the thought of any foreign object entering my body (other than a shot at the doctor) is something I think I could do without experiencing. I have been stabbed with a junkie's dirty needle, and while both of us went to the hospital, I still have 12 months to go before I know I'm totally safe. The one major factor that will get you through a violent (and by violent, I mean downright primal) attack, is mindset. I'm not a small person by any standard, and that scrawny little meth-head almost ate my lunch. What separated the two of us, wasn't the various tools on my belt, it was the fact that I was NOT going to lose. All of the fancy H2H training that my department had paid for helped some, but PPCT didn't work. It all boiled down to mindset.....that and the fact that no matter how high you are, a 1911 to the back of the head rings your bell. I hope that I never again have to fight like I did that night, but if I do, I'm pretty damn sure that I won't be the one going to the morgue. That's not cockiness talking, it's the fact that I resolved long ago, that I WILL go home everyday in the same condition and with no more holes than I started out with that morning. Fighting with anyone no matter what kind of weapon they have sucks, and nothing short of a squad of blood thirsty Jarheads on your six will make it suck any less. The thing to remember, is that you don't bleed, and you don't hurt. If he knocks out your teeth, swallow them and keep fighting. Kick, bite, claw, punch....do whatever it takes to survive. The bad guy, NOT you will die in that filthy, stinking alley.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Cold Steel has a sale on Safekeeper III seconds at present. 3 for $30.

Its too bad that you didnt find what shite PPCT was until now, but at least youre alive to find something better. About the only thing I've seen from it that I like is the brachial stun.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
ATTENTION,!!!,,,MILEHIGHSAILOR !!!

YER' pretty FUCKIN' COOL, BROTHER!!! :madeuce:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts