Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first time to Knob Creek and I'm excited about finally going there. Been one of those things I've been wanting to do for years, but the timing was always wrong. This year I decided to give up one of our reptile shows this same weekend in order to finally make the trip here. What REALLY sucked was last year we were on the way to a reptile show in Chicago and passed right by Knob Creek on the way up there. Darn shame it was 3am in the morning, otherwise I might have stopped in.

Mostly looking for ammo, hi-cap mags and accessories, I guess, since I will be from out of state. But if I see something REALLY sweet, I guess I can get a local FFL I worked with before to do a transfer for me. Darn shame my friend Dave doesn't still have his FFL. He used to allow me to take copies of his FFL with me on trips.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Going to a niece's wedding in Round Rock, TX this weekend...

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw heck, I'm having second thoughts now. That 12 hour drive just to get up there (especially with gasoline costing $2 per gallon now) isn't looking all that inviting. I figure all expenses tallied, it will probably cost around $500 for the trip. Man, that's a LOT of ammo I could get UPS to deliver to me. Heck, it would even pay most of the bill for one of those 5.45x39 Veprs that I'm thinking about getting. Might be better off to just spend the time around here and maybe head on down to the gunshow in Tampa this weekend instead.

Darn, I HATE when I start looking at things logically and realistically.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts