Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-workers' in-law won a nickel plate Deagle last year.He's "wary" of the recoil & it has never been shot.Supposedly comes w/display case & the barrel "sticks out past the end of the gun"I'm assuming about a ten inch tube(?).

Anyways,he wants about 1K for it &,since a .50 Desert Eagle is on my list(albeit pretty far down) & the price is right,& I'm inclined to get it.

Thoughts on Jeffs new pimp gun? :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Have two of them. The recoil is heavy but not overwhelming. If you can shoot a .44 mag, you can shoot a .50 DE. If he is afraid of it, I am looking for another for modification and wouldn't mind buying it if it's in good shape.

Mike

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
We had a shoot a few years back in Tulsa witha lot of the old shooters.com gang. Even tony Kanaly from milt sparks was there. we had a several courses of fire and then ran them for score and time in several classes. High cap. single stack. revolver and the most fun was big bore.. that oine had to be shot witha guys DE 50. Course fo r it was 6 targets and required 3 shots on each. ranges were no mor ethan 10 yards. I managed a run of 29.5 seconds including 2 mag changes. next fastest run was somthing in the mid 40's/ Guess all those years of shooting hand cannons pais off.

They are a lot fo fun but little pratical use.

Hasher

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I can only speak of the 44 Mag Eagle. Have shot one many times. Recoil isn't bad but has a twisting motion for me. 3 and 4 inch groups at 100yds with a red dot scope. I rather like the mechanical design of the gun but its too darn heavy for a handgun.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,I have a half dozen .44 mags.I'd bet that only my Dan Wesson approaches the weight of the D.Eagle.Recoil shouldn't be too much an issue.

Practicality be damned!:)

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I have an AMT .50AE, but never had a Desert Eagle. When I got it, I got an unusual variant in that it did not have the ported barrel that it was typically seen with. So this gun recoiled much more heavily then the ported version does. I did get one of the ported barrels from AMT before they went away, btw.

Anyway, this gun earned the name The "Jesus Christ" Gun. That is because to a person, everyone who has fired it uttered the phrase upon shooting it. I can't think of anyone who volunteered to fire the second shot that I had placed in the magazine, and usually handed it to me after the first shot.

It IS a handful! And I am small framed with small hands, but I find it interesting to shoot. I wish the grips were smaller, because the gun is awkward feeling in my hand, so I assume the same problem will exist with the DE. Recoil is definitely there, and makes a .44 mag seem like a real pussy cat. But it is nothing to be afraid of. Just have a firm grip and a solid stance when you shoot it, and you will be fine. I don't think you will want to shoot it a LOT, but you won't be leery of shooting it after you take your first shot with it.

BTW, I really expect that the DE will be easier to shoot then the AMT is. The DE is a bigger and heavier gun....

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMI makes a pretty damn good .50AE. recoil isn't as bad as you would think it would be thanks to gas operation, but it is a bit heavy for those who are use to shooting 9mm or 45acp. The pistol itself is heavy as hell and this tends to make what recoil you feel, well you feel it. ;) I only shot a mag through a friends and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a big change from a 45acp +p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts