Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Just what the **** makes you king of the silencer world, that is what I would like to know. You ****ing act an think like you invented them.
And FYI I have 10,000 of these SP bullets waiting to be loaded an at least 10,000 loaded, so ****head, where do you get that I am too cheap to buy them?
I have shot more 223 in the last month than you have in the last 20 years.
Also ****head, when were you ever close to combat, An I don't mean kicking guard dogs.

You're like garand, in that you're too lazy, cheap, apathetic, chicken**** and inept to make a can. In ILL, you'd have to pay $3000 a year to have one, and I KNOW too well to believe you'd ever bother.
Melvin, not everyone has the requirement for a suppressor, I currently don't. It doesn't fit into any style of competition that I currently engage in. Even if I did I would not be as stupid as you are to manufacture them illegally!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Just got done dumping FordPerfect's 223 brass in cans, he has shot more 223 in the last 3 weeks than Melvin has in the last 30 years and that was from a Ruger #3. Time for me to order in a new barrel for his rifle.

I've said it before, but it's still true - my AR carbine (with suppressor or without) is capable of pretty much anything I genuinely 'need' done from a defensive carbine. But to me, that's true of a substantial number of carbines.

Even a lowly 9mm carbine hits 650-725 ft/lbs with some loads, and that's right between 357 magnum and .44 magnum power levels. Plenty of power for a lot of things.

everybody flinches in rapidfire with shorty AR 223. .
And you know this, how? I don't flinch with any of my Carbines, .223 or 7.62X39MM. You are overly scared of noise and recoil. It colors all your thinking and posts.

There's a lot of great engineering and a lot of retarded engineering in the AR. Many of the smart industry interventions of the last few years were too expensive to catch on, and of those that did many reneged to stop warranty issues resulting from the low end of SAAMI spec as opposed to what would otherwise be relevant standards.

Apt for a "Stoner Rifle." :nyah:

A manufacturer or distributor can make one work in either Alaska or the Mojave easily if they had the faintest idea of how the actual machine worked and actually got people to do what they needed to do, but it'll only work for that pressure and burn rate envelope of ammo. There's no reason a mod kit should cost more than $60 current currency with an industry standard margin to the supplier. It's really not that complicated, and with emerging (at the moment international) government mandated necessities it's only getting easier.

It's not rocket science. We're not sending someone to an exo-galactic body here. If we're deploying people to go to war with a precision machine, which any gun is (though an AR especially so), they should be able to count on industry to do what's right in addition to expecting their government to financially furnish what is needed.

The problem with the AR is we have institutional inertia among the old manufacturers pertaining to their contracts, using very questionable data from when we had a "rich" TDP (seriously, people haven't been able to replicate what's in there in many cases and a few have made false correlations in others), and then we have new manufacturers who don't have anyone they could honestly call an engineer on staff.

Just like anything politicized, the AR is a web of lies and compromises despite being an amazingly capable and versatile machine.

...he has shot more 223 in the last 3 weeks than Melvin has in the last 30 years and that was from a Ruger #3...
so you "think" he put 3000 rds per week thru a single shot. ? you're fos.
So you're saying you've shot 9000 rounds of 223 in 30 years; that's 300 per year, or less than one magazine per month and less than one round a day. Less than one magazine a month, going all the way back to when Different Strokes was on TV, "Papa Don't Preach" was on the radio, and before Ronda Rousey was even born. Not something I'd be bragging on if I were constantly claiming gun-guru or "world-class shottist" status.

Most people (who've never claimed such status) shoot a lot more than that.

I'm not trying to be mean, just pointing out that it's okay to accept being out of practice, for whatever reasons. But accepting the reality of being out of practice means accepting that a previous level of ability doesn't currently apply; and being decades out-of-practice means that it's not even close. That's okay and not an insult - it's just reality that grownups learn to accept.

a lot, 2001-2006. more you have in your life, prior to retiring, at least. you had many years that the only shooting you did was with ME, so I know how little you did. and I practically had to drag you to the range those times.

I"ve pointed guns at men 8x in my life, and only once did I HAVE to fire, and that warning shot made 4 guys turn tail. :) I DID fire in the general direction of a couple of punks once, but I didn't have to do so. I just felt like teaching some thieves to never come around my house again. I was 17 and they'd used up a bunch of irreplacable Bullseye. I've had scores of times that had I not been ready to bite a guy's nose off and rip off his nuts, I'd have had a lot more combat than you've ever seen. None of them wanted to find out. I've come real close to drawing several other times and would definitely have drawn another several times, but was unarmed on those occasions. For a mild mannered guy, I've had a lot of conflict. got stabbed in the arm several years ago, while I was in my car. Had I not been on parole, he'd have been dead within the hour.

Oh boy, the Bar fight brawler king has spoken! But he couldn't pull the trigger, so I guess he's not that tough.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
What a bunch of bull****. How do you know what I shoot? I know that I have shot more this month than you have in the last 20 years, have the buckets of brass to prove it. And I have been shooting a hell of a lot longer than you.
Oh, BTW ViietNam 1968, TET, ever hear of that? Thats right you were tooo busy kicking dogs.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts