Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
Well I'm waiting for the info on who competes at 500+ yds with a 11-1/2"bbl CAR.

Where is it?:D
Yep about 17years and still waiting you prison biatch!
I've got AR based firearms from 10.5" to 18.5" and know the muzzle velocity of my ammo.
I don't however I don't entertain any fantasies of engaging targets out to 550meters with either of my AR pistols.
One of them that I call my MK18 Wannabe is assembled from a mix of mid grade parts but no bottom of the barrel ones. And is mechanically accurate enough to be a 1MoA gun when "properly braced" from a solid rest. But generally a 3MOA firearm in general use. 1-4x Leupold MKAR
Same with my modern Commando with a red dot.
However again 550meters! 🤣 ROFLMAO Right tool for the right job.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
I was under the impression that when you used an 80 grain bullet in your AR, you have just turned it into a single shot rifle.
For Melvin that does not matter or that the 80gr bullet is about as far away from "The GI Round" as it gets.

And certainly not viable in any 10 5" bbl
Except in Melvin's little fantasy world in which his POSCAR-15 magically turns into a 20" bbl service rifle on a whim 🙄

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.