Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me a friend of his has some firearms he may want to sell.
Call me paranoid (or Miamian), but I tend to assume people are shady until proven otherwise...
The question is how do I find out these firearms he wants to sell are indeed legal.

(I haven't heard from him since, so idk if he's still selling, but I still wanna know FFR)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Can you be a little more specific?
Are they full auto handguns?
Long guns w/real short barrels?
Are you just wondering if they are "HOT"?

·
Registered
568 Posts
RA-I, I think you'll need the serial #s, @ least if you want a trace. Ask your friend to get the #'s and let him know your to trace them. The deal will fall thru or not. WQhile looking for an on-line trace engine I found this:
What guns are the most frequently traced?

The most frequently traced guns vary from year to year. The ATF publishes a list of the 10 specific guns most frequently traced annually. The total number of traced guns on the top 10 list was 18% of the total traced 1991-94. Most of the top 10 guns were pistols (over 30% were .25 caliber pistols), although a number of revolvers and a few shotguns and rifles were also included. The most frequently traced gun was a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber revolver in 1990, the Raven Arms P25, a .25 caliber pistol from 1991 through 1993 , and the Lorcin P25 in 1994.

10 most frequently traced guns in 1994

Rank Manufac turer Model Caliber Type Number
traced
1 Lorcin P25 .25 Pistol 3,223
2 Davis Industries P380 380A Pistol 2,454
3 Raven Arms MP25 .25 Pistol 2,107
4 Lorcin L25 .25 Pistol 1,258
5 Mossburg 500 12G Shotgun 1,015
6 Phoenix Arms Raven .25 Pistol 959
7 Jennings J22 .22 Pistol 929
8 Ruger P89 9 mm Pistol 895
9 Glock 17 9 mm Pistol 843
10 Bryco 38 .38 Pistol 820
Cheap guns most popular to trace.
anodes.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
anodes said:
RA-I, I think you'll need the serial #s, @ least if you want a trace. Ask your friend to get the #'s and let him know your to trace them. The deal will fall thru or not. WQhile looking for an on-line trace engine I found this:

Cheap guns most popular to trace.
anodes.

I've always wanted to see that list published right next to the most commonly sold/resold/owned/whatever guns of the same design (pistol to pistol, etc.). I mean, we should expect the more common guns to be checked more commonly. What would be neat would be if the LESS common, but cheaper, ones were traced more often for some reason.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you be a little more specific?
Are they full auto handguns?
Long guns w/real short barrels?
Are you just wondering if they are "HOT"?
Yea, I'm just wondering if they're "hot".

RA-I, I think you'll need the serial #s, @ least if you want a trace. Ask your friend to get the #'s and let him know your to trace them. The deal will fall thru or not.
I thought you had to be LE to trace a serial? No?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I thought you had to be LE to trace a serial? No?

Yes. But do you have to HAVE a full house to bluff?:) Watch how fast the "deal" evaporates (and for what reasons) when you challenge a serial # trace. As said, if not then your odds for legitimacy improve.
anodes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mhmm, I suppose bluff is worth a try... was just wondering if there were any altenatives... (This is Miami mind you, he might not be smart enough to understand what a trace means =D )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts