Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, for the last few years, I've been loading .50 BMG on an arbor press converted for use with the dies and such. Well, I was loading some custom rounds on Saturday and something went wrong with the press. I heard a snap and the unit locked up. I can't budge it.

So, today, I try to contact the company that made the press and guess what? They are out of business. So, now I need another source for a press and new dies. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mike

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Mike,

I've been using the converted RCBS AmmoMaster press with no complaints. Should be readily available.

Doesn't anyone make a stuck case remover for .50BMG? Of course, that "snap" noise sounds pretty ugly to me......

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the case that is stuck... the press actually broke. I can't move anything to get to the case. I am probably going to torch the press apart this weekend and see if I can get to it. Thank GOD I was sizing and not seating on that...

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can find a stuck case remover every now and then on ebay but it's for a rifle not a die. Don't know if anyone has ever tried using it that way or not, you would have to get the die out of the press first.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Damn Mike! Maybe I don't get out much, but this is the first time I have ever heard of a manual reloading press break. Cut it out with the weight lifting, man! LOL!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I broke 2 RCBS Ammomaster bases while I was resizing cases. RCBS was great and replaced the bases but it wont happen again... I bought a Corbin..... worth the money if you plan on playing with the big dogs...

my 2 cents

Craig

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehehe... not the weights... just old press. I still haven't gotten around to fixing that thing yet.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts