Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you like jap rifles because i have a few.This is a Type 44 jap rifle similar to the type 38. The type 44 has the folding boyonet that hinged into the forearm.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice carbine

I just picked up a carbine just like the one you have and it is in like new condition. The only think missing is the cleaning rod that goes in the stock. I love it and it will go well with my military rifle collection ( I also have a very nice 99 in great condition). Do you have any idea of what the value is for one of the carbines. I picked my up from and WWII vet and got it for $200 which I think is a steal for a beautiful rifle like this.

Ralph

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Very interesting.
What happened there?

attachment.jpg

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The rifle originally had the Emperor's symbol - a Chrysanthemum (sp?) stamped there. The japs ground it off so the Emperor wouldn't be disgraced by the rifle being surrendered.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The rifle originally had the Emperor's symbol - a Chrysanthemum (sp?) stamped there. The japs ground it off so the Emperor wouldn't be disgraced by the rifle being surrendered.

RIKA
There you go, that's what was on my mind. I was looking for a pic but couldn't find any. I was using "crisantemum" in my search.

And this is it (the pic's of a 99, BTW):

mum.jpg

Thanks, RIKA. :beer:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Someone here remind me...is the Type 44 a 6.5 or a 7.7???I used to know this stuff;but I am getting stupid as I get old.:erm:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got a 99 Arsaka bringback from the Pacific,Mum is intac,7.7mm.Uncle passed away of cancer 2 years ago,his younger brother was also at Pearl Harbor,it has a chrome bore that is shinnier than a new dime,bolt face also chromed,looks unfired also have Bayonet with Japanese writing on the wood handle in some kind of yellow paint.Ground mum is part of the history,nice rifle you got there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts