Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Arkansas Gators Taken This Season

417 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BigEd 
#1 ·
Okay I was torn between where to post this as it's definitely an article about hunting.
But again maybe someone wants to reconsider any possible plans or advocacy of doing a float trip down the Arkansas and then the Mississippi to New Orleans in a watercraft of questionable durability. Although to be honest I have not seen that done here in a bit.

And I only imagine the tally in Louisiana and Mississippi.
Just think of the big ones that got away.
Also there's been more than one person either online or at a few other venues advocating similar transportation post the mythical SHTF.

#3 ·
Funny Melvin never mentioned this problem, back in the day he was planning to float down the middle of the Mississippi in a raft so he could sell his "services" to a local warlord in Louisiana.

#4 ·
Well from best of my remembering the type of raft was what I questioned. And although I don't recall all it's iterations it seemed to be anything from a one person inflatable fording raft to some vaguely described larger one either acquired or made in the spot.
Don't know what I'd choose IF I were to attempt something like that but whatever it'd be more classes as a boat than a "raft".

Really though the gator harvest is interesting and once in awhile I confess to watching Swamp People. It's a bit fascinating , again concentrating on techniques rather than the show's "drama".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.