Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with one of these? I bought one for my son as a birthday/wedding gift, mainly to keep his grubby hands off of my Colt carbine. We are getting pretty good groups with Winchester white box .223 at one hundred yards, and really good groups with some Remington 5.56MM. He saw one at a dealers's show last Summer, and I got a pretty good price on it (at least I think) of $756.00 OTD. It takes my M-16 magazines that were lent to me by the U.S. Army without a problem. It's a bit heavy, but what the heck. I can find no real write ups about it. Seems solid to me. About 350 rounds, no hang ups.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
You minimize any problems when you stick to the ABCs for ARs.

Armalite
Bushmaster
Colt

Rock River will make the list soon if they keep up the good work.

Olympic has been bad mouthed so much that even if they are perfect you always wonder about them. Personally I've had no problems with Oly.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I have an Armalite M15A2(LE) with a 14.5" barrel, nice accurate game gun out to 100 yds fitted with a Bushnell red dot scope.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garand said:
I have an Armalite M15A2(LE) with a 14.5" barrel, nice accurate game gun out to 100 yds fitted with a Bushnell red dot scope.
Wow! Interesting rig out, Garand. You ain't looking for trouble, and it sure better not find you. My son was not in the military, but he's a LEO, and I've tried to pass down some tricks of the trade that come in handy when dealing with BG's. My hard and fast advice is bring a RIFLE to a gunfight. We can blather all day long about handguns, but rifles win the confrontation.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
The Blawkhawk Thigh rig is very handy, very functional. I have a 3 mag version for the AR & a 2 mag version for my M1A. The double mags fit very comfortable in a Claymore bag. 2 mags never made it into the picture, they are on my Safariland IPSC belt in Kydex mag pouches. I shoot a minimum of 3x 3 gun matches a year. I've been called a "shooting sl*t", give me a phone call, tell me to bring guns and ammo and I'm there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts